+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NC220 motion detection email problem

Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP : [/COLOR]

Hello,

I purchased today morning a TP-Link NC220 camera to add to my other IP cameras. I rely on the motion detection feature of these cameras and have the images sent to my email. For some reason I can't get the NC220 to send an email. I've set it on high sensitivity and selected the entire frame to detect motion. I could walk up to the camera, wave, dance, do whatever and it would not send an email.

The only time it actually sent an email was when I literally moved the camera 360 degrees, as if that was just enough motion to send an email. I've reviewed the logs and noticed that motion is indeed being detected, but for some reason the email isn't being sent.

I hit the test button in the email configuration page and those emails go through successfully. Nothing going to my junk mail. Updated the firmware to the latest version.

I was wondering if anyone else had this same problem or is it just a faulty unit?

There's a delay between notifications when you trigger the motion sensor. If you configure it to -let's say- 1h, you wont receive more than 1 email per hour.

Quote Originally Posted by elyask87 View Post
    Model : Hardware Version : Not ClearFirmware Version : ISP : [/COLOR]Hello,I purchased today morning a TP-Link NC220 camera to add to my other IP cameras. I rely on the motion detection feature of these cameras and have the images sent to my email. For some reason I can't get the NC220 to send an email. I've set it on high sensitivity and selected the entire frame to detect motion. I could walk up to the camera, wave, dance, do whatever and it would not send an email.The only time it actually sent an email was when I literally moved the camera 360 degrees, as if that was just enough motion to send an email. I've reviewed the logs and noticed that motion is indeed being detected, but for some reason the email isn't being sent.I hit the test button in the email configuration page and those emails go through successfully. Nothing going to my junk mail. Updated the firmware to the latest version.I was wondering if anyone else had this same problem or is it just a faulty unit?
    Make sure that you set up a motion detection AREA with your computer!

Hello,

I have the time between email settings on it's default (30 seconds) then tried a shorter period of 20 seconds. I set the motion detection area properly on the computer, the entire frame to be exact. Like I mentioned in my original post it works, but it needs a serious amount of motion (such as moving the camera around).

Hello,I have the time between email settings on it's default (30 seconds) then tried a shorter period of 20 seconds. I set the motion detection area properly on the computer, the entire frame to be exact. Like I mentioned in my original post it works, but it needs a serious amount of motion (such as moving the camera around).
    Is the sensitivity set to high?

Quote Originally Posted by GaryPSU View Post
    Is the sensitivity set to high?
    As I mentioned in my original post the sensitivity was set to high.

As I mentioned in my original post the sensitivity was set to high.
    Sorry, I missed that. I'm disappointed in general with this camera. The signal varies from 4KB/s to 650 KB/s for no obvious reason. You get what you pay for.

I'm having the same problem with 2 NC220 I've just set up. All settings checked, test emails fine, but no email when motion is going on. Bad batch?

My camera was working OK in this feature until last week.
    It sopped sending the emails. I checked everything (even rebooted the camera) and still not working.

ANY SOLUTION?

Guy's...
    This fault, we have seen be4...
    Change your setting from HIGH to MEDIUM...
    Reboot your cam's, and have it running like that for a while..
    Set it back up to high, and check your logs if it registers motion on high.... same on medium...

Warley

No way... but now I found that on the Cloud setting tab says:

Cannot connect to the TP-LINK Cloud server.

Please check your network or try again later.

Could this be the problem?
    Any solution?
    Thank!

HelgaSker

Hello just get Philips M120e connect to it via InSightHD on IOS 9 iPhone. Made camera software update as recommended Have a trouble: Motion and sound detection works randomly one-two times per hour In ivideo service also no events of motion and soundWhat you can recommend me to do?

I have owned 4 NC220 for approx 7 months now and they have stopped sending notification e-mails. I have reset everything, checked that inbox is empty etc and the test mail goes through instantly. The motion detection email does not. My 4 cameras are useless!! Also, I cannot install the iOS update. It prompts me to update but when I try, it opens old version of app. Please find a solution to this problem.

Hello I own 4 NC220 which stopped working approx 1 month ago. I checked everything and reset cams but no improvement. Test email goes through nicely but no motion detection email. I might
    as well throw cams in the bin. Please find solution fast. Thank you.

The problem is not setting up email or ftp,both work fine.I get snapshots on ftp.I can record video direct to a drive on my pc but no way of getting detected video to anywhere.Kind of defeats the object of having motion detection really.