Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by montis View Post
    Am using the RE450 with the 1.0.0 Build 20161202 Rel. 56846 firmware.

It's set up as a wired link to my modem. 5Ghz is working fine, 2.4Ghz has just disappeared completely.

It says its functioning and pumping out the frequency, but no scans on any computer/smart phone show head nor tail of there being a 2.4Ghz network available to be accessed.

Tried turning it on and off again.

Just away to see if a reset will fix it, but don't really want to have to do that everytime that the network disappears on me.

Factory reset did not work for me......

Quote Originally Posted by renifer View Post
    Factory reset did not work for me......
    In your main router . Do the 2.4G and 5G same SSID and password ?
    ..If "Yes", Change 5G side SSID name and password which is difference on 2.4G.
    Next reboot the Main router . After Main complete reboot then reboot the Extender.

Quote Originally Posted by redstoneqq View Post
    In your main router . Do the 2.4G and 5G same SSID and password ?
    ..If "Yes", Change 5G side SSID name and password which is difference on 2.4G.
    Next reboot the Main router . After Main complete reboot then reboot the Extender.
    No, the SSIDs are different.

I have returned the faulty RE450 but I was sent a replacement against my wishes (I wanted money back) so I set it up and several hours later it's already playing up. (no errors yet but my phone keeps saying network has no internet) This is really tiring...

Update to the above: For the last few days I've been using the RE450 in this set up: 2.4Ghz network from router set up, but NOT 5Ghz (skipped in settings.)
    I haven't had the above issues since - still early days though so we'll see...