Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Post Avast Webshields Stops Connection to TL-PS310U Print Server

Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP : [/COLOR]

I have Avast on several computer that I want to connect to the Print Server. I installed the 310U software with Avast Shields off. All worked fine. When I switched the Webshilds back on I couldn't print. The computer is no longer able to access the PS. If I disable Avast Webshields all works fine again. Example: if I order a print I get a failed message (couldn't load driver) when I disable Avast Webshield, the computer makes the new usb connected noise, prints and then releases the printer and makes the usb disconnected noise. I have tried adding the PS address (192.168.0.9) to the Avast exclusions but this has not fixed the situation. Has anyone had a similar experience and been able to fix it. Thanks Bill

I have same problem

I have same problem exactly your description. How you fix this, please?

No fix from TP-Link. And no feedback from Avast. Suggest you get a refund before it's too late...

thank your for you answer billm. I check AVG antivirus but same problem too. If I disable AVG Webshields all works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by elenesimo View Post
    thank your for you answer billm. I check AVG antivirus but same problem too. If I disable AVG Webshields all works fine.
    I read an article that said if you put an exception for the program into Avast then the Webshields would ignore and not block the action but I wasn't able to get it to work. Good luck..let me know if you can get it to work...

Yes, I tried this, but did not get it either. Of course, if I can, let you know.