Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Firewall allows everything by default?

Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP : [/COLOR]

I have a TL-ER6120 v1.0.

I have allow rules in the firewall section, and specifically SMTP allow rules that allow incoming SMTP from certain IP's (to accommodate our email filtering service).
    I noticed this morning an email that looked suspicious and looked at the headers and saw it did not go through our email filtering service, but came direct to our IP.

I checked my rules and only had the allow for SMTP from the specified IP's. I tested port 25 from a remote PC and sure enough, I could connect to port 25 from the outside.

There isn't, specifically, a DENY ALL rule at a lower priority. Do I need one or should the firewall in this device be blocking everything that isn't allowed? When I tried entering one that blocked ANY IP, ANY service on WAN1, and put it at the lowest priority, it basically stopped the internet from working.

HELP!

Thanks!

The system is a white list as default, so if you want to allow a IP only, you should set a block all rule and give it a lower priority.

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP : [/COLOR]

I have a TL-ER6120 v1.0.
    I was having same issue last year when i was employed at essayplus but I guess there are few threads already solved on this issue, you can surely check them out.

Only Online Armor Free automatically trusts networks Do my Essay for me that you're connected to which is a big security risk so I would recommend Como do if you use wireless networks a lot and either Commode or Online Armor if you connect your computer directly into the internet by wire.