Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Question CR700 Cable Modem and Router

Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP : [/COLOR]

Has anyone used the CR700 only as a modem (with router function disabled)? I'd like to use the CR700 as a modem on Time Warner Cable and continue to use my Archer C9 as the router. Or would it be necessary to set up the Archer C9 as a Wi-Fi repeater, or in bridge mode? Thanks.

It doesn't matter what you set up in the Archer C9. You can also try it by yourself.

You have just configure the C9 as a commom router. Dynamic IP or PPPoE is OK

Can the CR200 be used as JUST a modem on Time Warner Cable at 300 Mbps? (i.e., like the ARRIS SURFboard SB6183 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem.)
    Both the CR200 and SB6183 are on Time Warner Cable's approved list for 300 Mbps, and both have 16 download and 4 upload channels.
    I just want to confirm that the CR200 will work as JUST a modem before acquiring it.
    Thanks.

CR700 can be used as a modem only.
    On its web interface, go to Advanced and we can select Operation mode. You can choose bridge mode.
    Hope it helps.

Question Configuration

Will this work?
    CR700 (for Cable Modem function only): Just disable DHCP and Wi-Fi. IP=192.168.100.1
    C9: Use normal router configuration settings. IP=192.168.0.1

Question:
    Is the WAN port of the C9 connected to a LAN port on the CR700?
    Or is a C9 LAN port connected to a LAN port on the CR700?

Thanks for any guidance.

Select bridge mode and disable Wi-Fi on CR700.
    Connect its LAN port to WAN port of C9.

CR700 Bridge Mode

I have set my CR700 to bridge mode and connected the LAN port 1 to the WAN port on my TP-Link 3150 and get no internet at all. I also tried plugging in LAN to a PC and still doesn't work. Have to reset the modem for it to work again but not in bridge mode. Any help would be appreciated. I am on TWC or Spectrum now. Firmware v1.0.3 Build 20150413 Rel12122 Hardware V1.1

Regards

Junior Member DmndTech is on a distinguished road

CR700 Bridge Mode Case#2x

Same boat for me... can't really stand how how limited this modem/router is.My 1st red flag was the fact I could not assign static IPs to MACs on my LAN which I took for granted as having this functionality during my research. The next red flag was when I recently tried to configure a VPN via L2TP... [Hands up and and 2-passing claps in opposite directions]. I now need to use this expensive modem in bridge mode and can't even get that working. Any thoughts on how to use the CR700 as a modem in bridge mode (aside from simply selecting the "Operation Mode" to which is already understood/failed) to save me from repeating negative results would be great. Hardware Version: V1.1_Software Version: v1.0.3 Build 20150413 Rel12120

CR700 Cable Modem and Router

OK, so why are you trying to connect the modem to the PC? It needs to connect to the router, and that should be via an RJ45 ethernet cable.

CR700 Cable Modem and Router

Is it possible to connect a desktop with a router, using a 20 metre lan cable, without using a switch? Sent from somewhere...