Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Junior Member mcurros is on a distinguished road
    I have a nc450. I think the problem is that the fallback ip address is configured to an unsupported ip in my router. In advanced settings I changed the IP to the one assigned by the router. I'm waiting to see if that fixes the problem. I get this information from the camera LOG. For some reason it reconnects to wifi and leave the default 192.168.0.10.

The worst problem is that I have two cameras, and when this happens, they BOTH set their IP addresses to 192.168.0.10 ! So they wont go online... never!

So I changed the fallback IP addresses and now waiting to see if the problem is gone.

The auto configuration should take this in consideration and if you configure more than one camera it should set the fallback address to the one assigned by the router.

Mariano.

Junior Member mendietaip is on a distinguished road
    I have the same problem, thanks for the help.

TPLINK Cameras sucks

I found the solution! I had to change my tplink cam by another brand. I have a new foscam and is working great for the last month.

Ok, hope this helps people, just purchased (few days ago) an NC250 and was intrigued with what appeared to be continuous, random loss of connectivity (email notifications as a result of motion detection) - just when I was about to give up, I connected an ethernet cable instead of using wireless, and voila, not a single dropout. So, this means that my home WiFi cannot/does not provide enough bandwidth, capacity for it to work properly (I have an old 2.4GHz G based WiFi at home, haven't even checked if my neighbours are sitting on the same channel etc). There you have it, what looked like a camera, turned out to be my WiFi setup (upgrade will follow in short order). I understand that using hard wire may not be everyone's option, but you may re-check your WiFi if you're having problems. Again, hope this helps someone.

ip address

Quote Originally Posted by phaser View Post
    Ok, hope this helps people, just purchased (few days ago) an NC250 and was intrigued with what appeared to be continuous, random loss of connectivity (email notifications as a result of motion detection) - just when I was about to give up, I connected an ethernet cable instead of using wireless, and voila, not a single dropout. So, this means that my home WiFi cannot/does not provide enough bandwidth, capacity for it to work properly (I have an old 2.4GHz G based WiFi at home, haven't even checked if my neighbours are sitting on the same channel etc). There you have it, what looked like a camera, turned out to be my WiFi setup (upgrade will follow in short order). I understand that using hard wire may not be everyone's option, but you may re-check your WiFi if you're having problems. Again, hope this helps someone.
    .......................static ip address , in options instead of dynamic .

Quote Originally Posted by sydney2218 View Post
    .......................static ip address , in options instead of dynamic .
    Haven't tried that, what's the worst that can happen ; ) Thanks.

Bought NC450 month ago, updated firmware and assigned it static IP within my home Wi-Fi LAN.
    All OK, but every 2-3 days it becames unaccessible (LED is ON, when i turn on/off light - day/night mode works, but i cannot access it in any way, even ping within LAN doest work - after power reset of camera - all OK again).
    Is it faulty good or there is a way to fix it?
    2-3 days of uptime - is very unreliable device. Wired connection is not my choice, i need Wi-Fi mode.

Same here with my NC450. Kept going offline and did a hard reset to try things out and now it is offline "permanently".

Possible found solution for NC450 freeze, but not sure if it works everywhere.
    I have TP-Link 1043ND wi-fi router, and when i change its wi-fi level of signal from medium to high - camera don't freeze anymore (two weeks of stable work just now).
    It seems, that camera very sensitive to quality of signal. When signal is unstable, it leads camera to freeze.
    Hope, it will help someone else.