Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Banned jimasek is on a distinguished road
    I'm waiting for your response in this thread

Likely culprit is network latency. According to the techs at TP-Link; if the response time from the NTP servers is > 500ms, the request times out and error 5028 is thrown. This is consistent with my ping results of 650 - 750ms. So the big question is can this 500ms constraint be changed? I can't find this information anywhere, so I'm guessing not. I'd install DD-WRT, but I can't find a way to configure it there either.

I assume this is due to being on satellite, but it's odd because I wasn't having this time issue with my laptop & media player last summer.

That will be a rare issue. There is little thing you can do to improve the latency.

Have you also tried openWRT, maybe openwrt has a different timeout.

Can't see anything about it in their specs or wiki. Heading out of town for a couple weeks, I'll look into it more when I return.

Banned jimasek is on a distinguished road
    Thanks for information about "GMT error"

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsman View Post
    Likely culprit is network latency. According to the techs at TP-Link; if the response time from the NTP servers is > 500ms, the request times out and error 5028 is thrown. This is consistent with my ping results of 650 - 750ms. So the big question is can this 500ms constraint be changed? I can't find this information anywhere, so I'm guessing not. I'd install DD-WRT, but I can't find a way to configure it there either.

I assume this is due to being on satellite, but it's odd because I wasn't having this time issue with my laptop & media player last summer.
    Howdy, you are not alone with this problem. I just replaced my old Asus with a WR1043ND V2 and have the same problem. I too am on Xplornet satellite internet. Both my old Asus RTN12 and older Dlink 615 did the time sync with NTP servers fine. I have submitted a ticket to tech support and am waiting for a reply. Am using the latest posted firmware 140613. Anyone got any ideas ?

Timeout too short for satellite

TP-Link - if you're listening. 500ms is too short for the many thousands of your customers (like me) who are stuck with Satellite Internet service. Could you consider extending the timeout to 1 second or longer, or making it configurable within ranges that would work for those of us who don't have fiber to the home?

Thanks,

Dale

NTP Timeout

Quote Originally Posted by dalepres View Post
    TP-Link - if you're listening. 500ms is too short for the many thousands of your customers (like me) who are stuck with Satellite Internet service. Could you consider extending the timeout to 1 second or longer, or making it configurable within ranges that would work for those of us who don't have fiber to the home?

Thanks,

Dale
    I too had the same issue. Filed a ticket with tech support and got a patched firmware for my TL-WR1043NDV2 . Was playing with Open-Wrt and had a HD failure, and guess where the patched firmware went. Open-Wrt works fine and gives the benefit of IP V6 support. Using Open-Wrt 15.01 for over 6 months. NTP no problem now.

US Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Randall View Post
    I too had the same issue. Filed a ticket with tech support and got a patched firmware for my TL-WR1043NDV2 . Was playing with Open-Wrt and had a HD failure, and guess where the patched firmware went. Open-Wrt works fine and gives the benefit of IP V6 support. Using Open-Wrt 15.01 for over 6 months. NTP no problem now.
    A lot of searching around gave me a sorta solution. Talked to the US tech support people. The US version of the firmware does not have the timeout problem with NTP. The US version is compatible with the Canadian model. Flashed mine with the US version and now no problems.

I have no airplane here and I can not check it. Có lẽ nó là một lỗi trong phần cứng.

In case anyone cares and is still looking at this thread, I started having connectivity issues with this router, so I installed DD-WRT v3.0-r30949 std (12/15/16). This has seemed to fix the connectivity problems As a bonus, all my devices now get the correct time even though the latency has not changed

Highly recommend this version.

https://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1057927