Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Minimum range requirements for TL-SM321A and TL-SM321B modules

Region : Australia

Model : TL-SM321A

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi all, I am looking for some information that is not provided. These SFP modules can support distances over 10KM but I am installing a very short range link. Is there a minimum distance applicable to these modules before attenuation is required or could they be directly connected via a short fibre patch cord without receiver damage? I am constructing a link between two buildings which will total approximately 100 meters but I have not been able to find the transmit side output level and receiver specs to ensure I do not damage the modules. Obviously with two patches and 100M of fibre I will be seeing around 2db loss at most over the link.

Did you find answer for your question& If yes, please write details - this very intresting for me too.

Yeah i join the question! Please answer us.
    Z całego serca polecam czyszczenie tapicerki Poznań!

Minimum range requirements for TL SM321A and TL SM321B modules

Just want to be sure that everything is standard, do you mean that I have to use a regular CAT5 or 6 cable and connect parallella to pc, or I have to use a cross cable or I have to connect parallella to one of the hub/switch port and connect the pc to the other port of the hub/switch?

nice answer...i understand
    Webarq adalah jasa web design yang berada di jakarta

I have TL-SM321B SFP. On TP-Link website distance of this module is 10km. But when it plug on mikrotik, SFP status on Mikrotik is: "Link length 20.000 m."

Whether it has TL-SM321B models with differentially Max. Cable Length?

Sorry for my bad English.

Thanks a lot.

Members
    Hi Link
    I don't understand your means about the "Link Length 20.000", is that shows in the Mikrotik?
    The SM321B can support at most 10km cable length. And as I known, there is no another one with different Max Cable Length.

[h=2]Thank you for the information. Best regards.[/h]

thank you for sharing