Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread

WAN2 - how to auto-reconnect after disconnect?

Region : UnitedStates

Model : TL-R470T+

Hardware Version : V4

Firmware Version :

ISP :

WAN1 and WAN2 are Dynamic IP.

On the status page, WAN2 frequently shows as "disconnected".

When disconnected, I manually go to Network, WAN2, and click the "Obtain" button. Then it is connected again.

Is there a way to have the router automatically do this when WAN2 disconnects?

Thanks.

The router should reconnect automatically as WAN connection type is dynamic IP.
    Connect the modem directly to your PC instead of WAN2. Does it disconnect and reconnect automatically?

Hi, Tony, and thank you very much for your response.

Unfortunately, the WAN2 cable modem (and the WAN1 DSL modem) are about 80 feet away from my computer, so I am unable to do your suggestion.

By way of additional information, I find WAN2 usually disconnected in the morning, but not always. I'd love for it to auto-reconnect. Is there anything else I can do?

Same exact problem on my TL-R470T with a v.4 hardware the latest firmware. WAN 1 is connected to a wireless AP and WAN 2 is connected directly to a network switch with a cable modem on it (and a router). I frequently see "disconnected" for WAN 2 and have to manually reconnect. The router on the switch never went down, neither did the link. It seems to maybe be a firmware issue with the R470?

Quote Originally Posted by pt33 View Post
    Region : UnitedStates

Model : TL-R470T+

Hardware Version : V4

Firmware Version :

ISP :

WAN1 and WAN2 are Dynamic IP.

On the status page, WAN2 frequently shows as "disconnected".

When disconnected, I manually go to Network, WAN2, and click the "Obtain" button. Then it is connected again.

Is there a way to have the router automatically do this when WAN2 disconnects?

Thanks.

Same problem here. Does someone have any news about it?