Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Administrator tplink has disabled reputation

Lightbulb TL-WA7210N_V2_150127_Beta add support for MAXtream (TDMA) mode

Dear forum members

We are launching beta software tests here in this forum. Anyone that is interested in participating in the beta software testing and discussion is welcome.

Please read the Beta Rules before participating the following beta test.

Please evaluate this beta firmware and let us know if you have any suggestion and bug reports.

In order to facilitate information gathering, you are recommended to post any comments about this beta in this thread.
    You can also create a new thread for any new issues, comments, or discussions with the prefix [Beta Test] in thread title in the Beta Test sub forum.

Date 2015/02/02
    Beta firmware TL-WA7210N_V2_150127_Beta
    Applicable model TL-WA7210N V2
    Language
    English
    File Size
    3.62 MB
    Modifications
    Add MAXtream TDMA function in wireless settings, which could improve network stability and throughput.
    Download link http://www.tp-link.com/resources/software/TL-WA7210N_V2_150127_Beta.zip

Note:
    This beta adds MAXtream TDMA support on TL-WA7210N. Please check FAQ694 or this thread to get a brief overview of MAXtream.

Known Bugs:
    1. The WAN status and wireless status in AP Client Router is incorrect. This is a display problem despite the fact that TL-WA7210N connects fine.

Quote Originally Posted by tplink View Post
    In order to facilitate information gathering, you are recommended to create a new thread for any new issues,
    The problem I see, opening a new thread for every issue, all the info. provided it's going to be in a month on second or third page, and only daily visitors will know, on the other hand this is business area, no one making business wants to risk their customers, it is clear to me no dev. will do long, short distance testing links, and test dif. setting modes.
    But you guys have last word.
    Many are not going to like MaxTream enable on their deployments, 70% of users love to be connected to the APs interface, reason why they love TL 2.4Ghz gear
    I'm going to share what I read on a Spanish forum yesterday that I agree 100%, my translation might have mistakes, if it's told dif. please correct it.
    Whoever did not started with Tp-Link gear, did not have childhood
    Last edited by fotodamaris; 02-03-2015 at 00:15.

Members radvd is on a distinguished road
    Tried this TL-WA7210N_V2_150127_Beta on my two TL-WA7210N access points. As the FAQ says, the link gets more stable. TDMA mode will mitigate the hidden node problem as I know. Will try that later when I got the chance to use multiple CPE and TL-WA7210N

@fotodamaris
    Looking forward to your share

Quote Originally Posted by fotodamaris View Post
    The problem I see, opening a new thread for every issue, all the info. provided it's going to be in a month on second or third page, and only daily visitors will know, on the other hand this is business area, no one making business wants to risk their customers
    @ fotodamaris

Thanks for your kind suggestion. We have updated the statement.

In order to facilitate information gathering, you are recommended to post any comments about this beta in this thread.
    You can also create a new thread for any new issues, comments, or discussions with the prefix [Beta Test] in thread title in the Beta Test sub forum.

Quote Originally Posted by radvd View Post
    @fotodamaris Looking forward to your share:co
    I was waiting for the 510 to be sold in Mexico, had my link on 2.4 Ghz. and wanted to move to 5Ghz freq. cause the troubles of the crowded 2.4 Ghz. freq.
    2 months ago I changed the 7210 for a pair of 510s and all is working as expected.
    A friend had 7210s too on a 7.2 link and had all the troubles you can name, those where solved only by a mandatory reboot, I suggested a pair of 510s now he is a very happy man.
    Still have the 7210, takes 15 days for true FW test, tried FW 131118 & 140730 had to downgrade to 130320, didn't like performance.
    It's more than clear that Devs. department changed, now the forum is alive & active as never before, today we don't get Betas from a fellow that got it by mail from support, now the Beta program it's open for testing.
    @radvd i will test 150127 beta FW, but never been a fan of the 2.4 Ghz. freq. for PTPs, the reason I didn't have 7510s, cause they stopped developing them on 4/27/2013.
    I will post finding.

Admin. I know its out of place, once you read it ersase it or tell me to and i will
    I would like to see this forum with lost of users placing their issues, but that does not happen cause only few know about this forum, as you can see the screen i upload that is for my country Mexico, there is no link to the forum, and like that i suppose there are others.
    On the other hand, there should be on the TP web a blinking or what ever they want to warn the newbies about the forum.

subir fotos online

Hi fotodamaris

Agree. We will take your suggestion into consideration.
    The new TP-LINK official website is now under development and will be released soon, we will emphasize the forum entry on the new website. and both the Global site and localized sites will keep the forum entry available for users.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by tplink View Post
    will keep the forum entry available for users.
    Hi Admin. at other company forums, employees participate in company forum, remember we are regular people enthusiast to help & learn, in some cases we are not even related at all, to wifi business, (in my case my business is photo printing) wifi is a hobby.
    Some times forum users get desperate cause they dont get response quickly, and a employee, will know all new products, or at least will have.
    Other one Emulators.
    e.g. now Beta FW its for testing, I dont have my 7210 with me, and if there is a Thread about 7210, Im not able to help others cause Emulators are not up to date, any quesiton related to APs or Extenders, is exactly the same, but if you dont have the device, and there are new tools, e.g MaxTream. even if you want to help, just can`t, cause we dont know where the new set up tool is located, and like that others, 5210 was never added to emulators, and legacy 5110 still there.

hi admin please add MAXtream (TDMA) mode and Channel Width:Auto 20 mhz 40 mhz in AP Client Router - Wirelessly connect to WISP station/hotspot to share Internet to local wireless and wired network.

Hi @xristos

Client/Reapter/Bridge with AP/AP Client Router mode --- all these modes have a thing in common which is they are connecting to the AP as a client. The AP is the central infrastructure of the whole WLAN and decides how the WLAN should work. So the Client/Reapter/Bridge with AP/AP Client Router must obey the AP's settings, and it all relies on the AP as well as the channel situation whether to use 20MHz/40MHz/auto channel width. Thus it is not feasible to force 20MHz/40MHz on a client because the decision is up to the AP as well as the channel situation

As FAQ694 describes,

Notice for Other Modes:

For AP Client Router mode (WISP Client mode):

1. When Wireless -> Wireless AP Settings -> Wireless Radio is disabled, the CPE adjusts itself to join the AP automatically as Client mode does.

2. When Wireless -> Wireless AP Settings -> Wireless Radio is enabled, the CPE does not support MAXtream and cannot associate with any MAXtream-enabled AP.

For Repeater mode and Bridge mode:

Repeater mode and Bridge modedo NOT support MAXtream, when the access point enables MAXtream, the stations in Repeater mode / Bridge mode cannot join the AP.
    MAXtream (TDMA) is not compatible with normal 802.11 WLAN (Wi-Fi). Client/Reapter/Bridge with AP/AP Client Router mode will inherit the WLAN operating pattern from the AP. Even if it allows broadcasting local wireless in AP Client router mode (also called Wisp client mode), the local wireless is working in TDMA mode and then no clients can connect to the AP Client router mode.

please i need the username and password for the telnet connection

Members radvd is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by wladimirtplink View Post
    please i need the username and password for the telnet connection
    Have PM you the account, I succeed via serial port. It should be the same to ssh/telnet. But there is no useful commands inside.

Hi Admin. I read posts with the request of a reboot tool on Tp-Link devices, is there any future plan for CRON to be added
    Ping Watch Dog, does not work, I don't know if it works in other brands, but CRON works in Third Party firmwares.
    Last edited by danymarc; 04-29-2015 at 15:42.

No plan for CRON or other CLI commands.

CPE510/CPE210 can use Pharos Control to schedule reboot.

Wider frequency range

Hello,
    Will this device support wider frequency range (2312-2572MHz) like CPE210?
    Thanks.