Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Just had another problem today - had a computer and phone connected to the router and in use and as soon as I connected via an extender, the router went down completely. Rebooted the router and everything was fine again.

Any ideas?

Your guys are suggested to report this problem to http://ticket.tp-link.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit.
    To complain that you have the same problem here may be useless because we are all users and we can only provide some suggestions which helped us to solve the similar problem.

I think I found what causes the loss of conectivity

As everybody on this thread I started to loss conectivity to internet, at first I thought my ISP DNSs were the problem however after seting them to Google's that could't be the problem
    I opened Wireshark and started capturing everything, after a few seconds I saw a constant but not huge flow of ARP packets I know this is normal however I thought that the OS would wait more before asking again for the address for the gateway.

Code:
    1	0.000000000	Tp-LinkT_24:aa:ff AdbBroad_b0:b3:25		ARP	60	Who has 192.168.xx.1?  Tell 192.168.xx.75
    2	0.000030000	AdbBroad_b0:b3:25  Tp-LinkT_24:aa:ff		ARP	42	192.168.53.75 is at f8:1a:ss:29:xx:yy
    When I lost conectivity I checked the logs and I saw that the PC (Windows 7 x64) was constantly asking for the mac addr for the gateway 192.168.xx.1 but there was no response. A wild wild guess could some counter related to mac address overflows and either the wireless extender stops to forward the ARP responses or the device conected to the internet modem filters them.

I set in the arp cache table a fixed mac address for the gateway:

Code:
    netsh interface ip delete neighbors "wlan" "192.168.xx.1"
    netsh interface ip add neighbors "wlan" "192.168.xx.1" "00-bb-cc-dd-ee-hh"

Support ticket raised

Hi all, I am experiencing the same issue when attempting to connect (Lenovo laptop running Windows 8) via wireless to the 'extended' signal i.e. no internet access and limited connectivity reported. All works fine when using ethernet cable and other devices can connect wirelessly without an issue. Have updated drivers for the wireless NIC and reconnected to the wireless network several times but still no joy. I have raised a support call with TP-Link and will post their response when I receive it.

Cheers

Support ticket raised

Hi all,

Same problem being experienced - no internet access via wireless, all OK via ethernet cable. Limited connectivity showing against wireless connection. I have raised a support ticket and will post the response here when I receive it.

Cheers

Just a conjecture (and possibly described in other posts). The TL-WPA4220 acts only as an access point, and not a router. And it can act as a DHCP client.
    It obtains an IP address in one of two ways:
    - if it has been configured to use a specific IP address, it does so
    - otherwise, it monitors the network to guess what the values for the local subnet (IP prefix and mask),
    then assigns itself an IP address which it has determined does not conflict with existing devices on the network

This mostly works, but is vulnerable to a DHCP server assigning that same IP address to another device at some point.
    That would cause the TL-WPA4220 to "go to sleep". There may also be other software flaws that cause the sleeping condition;
    but it makes sense to me to assign the 4220 a specific IP address outside the pool which get assigned by the DHCP server.

Quote Originally Posted by s2r View Post
    I set in the arp cache table a fixed mac address for the gateway:

Code:
    netsh interface ip delete neighbors "wlan" "192.168.xx.1"
    netsh interface ip add neighbors "wlan" "192.168.xx.1" "00-bb-cc-dd-ee-hh"
    Nice work.
    Did this stop the connection drops for you??

this worked for me

hi, i have 3 4220 in my house and had the same problem of no or little wifi, but they are now all working and all i have done is go into utility disable the wireless radio then set each unit to a different channel then enable the radio again, SAVE and reboot. i did check that all IPs were different and they were. it has now been working for a couple of hours on 2 ipads and 3 iphones.
    HTH

Can't set wireless IP addresses

Quote Originally Posted by guyinsb View Post
    Just a conjecture (and possibly described in other posts). The TL-WPA4220 acts only as an access point, and not a router. And it can act as a DHCP client.
    It obtains an IP address in one of two ways:
    - if it has been configured to use a specific IP address, it does so
    - otherwise, it monitors the network to guess what the values for the local subnet (IP prefix and mask),
    then assigns itself an IP address which it has determined does not conflict with existing devices on the network

This mostly works, but is vulnerable to a DHCP server assigning that same IP address to another device at some point.
    That would cause the TL-WPA4220 to "go to sleep". There may also be other software flaws that cause the sleeping condition;
    but it makes sense to me to assign the 4220 a specific IP address outside the pool which get assigned by the DHCP server.
    I have the utility; it scans and finds my two extenders. The IP addresses are outside the range of my routers network, so I change the IP address to one in the range not in use. It is accepted and then I choose reboot. After reboot and rescan with the utility, the old IP addresses are still there. ???

Go for it. I have TL-WPA4226KIT and all I get is a network with no internet

Hello I've got a WPA4220 that isn't working as expected but I appear not to be able to contact you via anything other than this.

After working for a few weeks, I now have the consistent issue that the will the adapter connects to my wifi, it does not allow any traffic from my devices. I am have read as much as I can and I do not see that there is a solution. Can someone at T-Link please help as I do not beleive that this sticky is closed?

crappy support imo

+1 annoyed customer

Sooooo, I did some of the suggestions made in this thread as I too have this issue.

Now only 1 device can connect to WiFi getting internet while other devices connected to the WiFi do not get access to internet.

I didn't have this issue for 6-8 months of owning this kit, but suddenly this started to become an issue. I have the feeling it might have to do with the pairing but not sure.

Would be helpful if TP-LINK finally decides to address this issue.

What I did:

keep wifi channel auto, bandwidth auto and mode on 11bgn mix.
    Set the IP-address of the unit to 10.1.1.222 instead of 10.1.1.140, which it tries to do every time.

Getting tired of this kit as we speak

intermittent internet connection issues WPA4220KIT

Its not solved and the TP-Link Admin needs to reset the status or get a clear resolution to the problem published.

I have the same problem, the Wifi signal indication is Ok as I'm close to the unit but it intermittently doesn't connect to the internet.