Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread

wireless not working td-w8968

Region : India

Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 130217

ISP : bsnl

my td-w8968 adsl wifi router wireless light suddenly goes down can't access internet,in that time can access wire line.

try restart the modem see if you can get the wlan led up. besides, there is a wifi switch at the back panel, try pressing it.
    if that doesn't work, you may need to reset it and reconfigure all over again.

wireless not working td-w8968

same problem here,my td-w8968 (TD-W8968_V1_131226 firmware) adsl wifi router wireless light suddenly goes down can't access internet,in that time can access wire line. i have try all still cant work,,,,,, plz fix this problem...

Exclamation Bad firmware!

Quote Originally Posted by darkipunk View Post
    same problem here,my td-w8968 (TD-W8968_V1_131226 firmware) adsl wifi router wireless light suddenly goes down can't access internet,in that time can access wire line. i have try all still cant work,,,,,, plz fix this problem...
    Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 131226

Dear TP-LINK,

After countless times to try and fix the hereafter problems and spending hours on your tech lines in China trying to fix them I have no idea where else to turn except the forums in the hope you see this.

Like many others with the W8968 Modem Router we are experiencing sudden disconnections from the internet every 4minutes.

I have used 3 other modem routers with the exact same setup flawlessly with no disconnections so it's 110% the modem routers problem.

I'm pushing this message for you, TP-Link, to release a new firmware version to fix this problem.

I also believe there are other problems incorporating port forwarding,etc aside from this major flaw.

I used to believe TP-Link was a trusted and great company but after my experience I'll be thinking otherwise.

Really hope you can get this sorted.

Regards,

Region : Brazil

Firmware Version : 131226

Dear TP-LINK,

Like many others with the W8968 Modem Router we are experiencing sudden disconnections from the internet (wifi) every 4minutes.

I have used 3 other modem routers with the exact same setup flawlessly with no disconnections so it's 110% the modem routers problem.

I'm pushing this message for you, TP-Link, to release a new firmware version to fix this problem.

Angry Same Problem here

Hi
    Mine is TD-W8968 Ver 1.1
    S/N 13594004374
    and I have the same problem after upgrading to lateset update on the official website http://www.tp-link.com/en/support/do...968&version=V1
    I downloaded this file http://www.tp-link.com/resources/sof..._V1_131226.zip
    after I have done the upgrade the Wireless has stopped and only works for 2 mins if I did a factory restore
    the status on the router home page for the wifi is enabled although the led is not on and no signal detected
    please We all here need a help

Thumbs up Same problem

Here in Italy I have the same problem even with the lastest firmware.
    Sometimes wifi doens't work at all, it seems to have very high ping but everything is perfect with wired computers!

Please TP-LINK do something!!!
    I have a "Computer Science" Diploma and if you need help to investigate in this problem, feel free to contact me.

Regads.
    Jaskirat

Wifi goes down suddenly in W8968 (using in Wifi Router Mode)

I recently purchased this router and I think I took a wrong decision by choosing this model. I am using this device in Wifi Router mode using WAN port. Everyday this device wifi stops working after 2-3 hours and I need to reboot the router few times to make it working again. I am pretty sure that my ADSL is stable and only this device wifi is having stability problems.

Region : India/Chennai

Hardware Version : TD-W8968 V3 0x00000001

Firmware Version : 1.0.5 Build 140321 Rel.42949

ISP : BSNL

Angry Same problem with Wifi

Region : India/Ahmedabad
    Hardware Version : TD-W8968 v1 00000000
    Firmware Version : 0.6.0 1.3 v0005.0 Build 131226 Rel.33881n

ISP : BSNL

It's frustrating, that each hour you just have to stand up and go to router and restart it. Had older firmware so tried the latest one from TP-Link website. But same problem. Very inconsistent wifi behaviour. Not at all advisable product to purchase. Fails at very basic need.

Have you tried to disable UPnP?
    If not, give it try. Post the result here.

Wifi just keeps dropping

Same problem here .. have been strugging to make it work.. I have hardware version 3.0 .. upgraded to latest firmware but issue still persists.. many reviews on flipkart say not to go for tp link.. even airtel person told me multiple times not to go for any tplink product .. like a fool I fell for it. Has great features that dont work .. tp-link Customer service is worst ever .. no one picks phone ..

Bad decision to go for tp-link. Not sure if this is a problem with few sample of all ..

Quote Originally Posted by Vivian View Post
    Have you tried to disable UPnP?
    If not, give it try. Post the result here.
    No Vivian, It didn't help by disabling UPnP. I am still facing the issue with wifi. Finally decided to move on from TP-Link. Worst networking device ever.

Junior Member dimemf is on a distinguished road

Angry frustrationa nd porr customer support

Hi everyone,
    i am from Italy and I am using Tp Link TD W8968. After 2 weeks suddenly wireless stop working. It is sad to see that this issue is in this post since 2013 and has not yet been solved. Shame on me I did not gathered these information before buying such a product.
    Also configuring my account is seems to be a threath. My online bank make it easy to configure your user.
    If there is a solution please help.
    Ciao

The previus posts are 8968 V1, how about yours? What is the hardware and firmware version? If the WLAN light also went off when wifi stoped working? Or the light still on but SSID won't show up, or even SSID shows up but won't allow to connect?
    www.tp-link.com/faq-832.html