how to make hard reset to MR3420

Region : Others

Model : TL-MR3420

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version : openwrt-mr3420-v2-HM2013-04-19

ISP : Cellcom Israel

how to make hard reset to MR3420
    I installed openwrt-mr3420-v2-HM2013-04-19 software to my router
    and after that while the router restart the led green lights flashing on and of all the time
    and I cant contact to the router with wifi or lan cable
    I will try to make hard reset its maybe work again
    any ideas ?
    please some one help me to explane how to make hard factory reset
    thanks all

try hold the reset button for about 10s.
    it's a pity that void the warranty if the router is defective after updating the third-party firmware,

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Cox View Post
    try hold the reset button for about 10s.
    it's a pity that void the warranty if the router is defective after updating the third-party firmware,
    This way not worked because I upgrade the router to the OpenWRT linux software .
    any one have any ideas ?

I have same problem too. What should I do? :-(

Hi,

Sorry to hear, as for the OpenWRT - especially the Huntsman firmware is great - is normally does not cause your route to be bricked. Try the following:
    At the back of the router (next to the blue WAN port) there is small reset button.
    Step 1: Press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds then while still holding the button, disconnect power.
    Step 2: Keep holding the reset button for another 30 seconds then plug the power back in and continue holding the reset button for another 30 seconds
    Step 3: Release the reset button and let router boot.

This is called the 30, 30 ,30 second reset :-)

Let the router boot and after a while you should see a TP-LINK_########## wifi network from your PC or Laptop. Have a look at the bottom of your router there is a big label. At the bottom right of that label, there is a SSID and a KEY. This is your routers default wifi - use that key to connect via Wifi to your TP-LINK_######### wifi. You should now be able to access the config page of the router by either 192.1681.1 or 192.168.0.1 webpage (might have to give yourself a static ip. Load the first release Firmware from TP-Link back onto your router and all should be back to normal. No you can try to load the OpenWRT firmware again or stick with TP-Link firmware.

BIG NOTE!
    Before loading the OpenWRT Firmware, you HAVE to reset the TP-Link Router to factory default !! Otherwise you will have this kind of problem.

All the best

Members
    There are some tips for recovering your OpenWRT router here.

http://www.rfactory.org/OpenWRT/unbrick.html

Cheers

John k
    Mostly helpful member