Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

TL-MR3420 3G/4G >>> Internet Access MODE CHANGE ISSUE

Region : Others

Model : TL-MR3220

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version : 3.13.24 Build 120703 Rel.55807n

ISP :

Hello Support Community,

I purchased TL-MR3420 3G/4G Router yesterday.

I am facing a following issue:

I have attached 3G device and WAN with router using WAN Preferred Mode but it is not working properly. WAN should be given priority but It shows 0.0.0.0 most of time and always connected to 3G.

Are there any specific conditions on which this quick switch from 3G to WAN and WAN to 3G is done?

For example, WAN responds late to Router...
    Even if WAN responds late, once router gain access to WAN, it should be switched to WAN.

Please guide me or I have to claim WARRANTY.

Please respond me as soon as possible.

what if you disconnect the 3G device, set wan only, can you get wan ip address automatically?

Hello Michael,

Yes, I can get the IP when on LAN but internet does not work, but sometimes this fix the problem after restarting router.

Yesterday, I updated Firmware too to latest one.

Following is setting:

1. Internet access mode is set to "Wan preferred ".
    2- 3G Modem is set to " Connect Automatically".

We face electricity issue here and I am using UPS for Router.

When electricity is down, WAN connection is lost and 3G is connected automatically.
    BUT
    When electricity is back, WAN is restored but no IP is assigned through WAN, it does not shift to WAN, it keeps connected 3G Modem.

I have written in detail about the setting. Should I set 3G Modem settings to " Connected on Demand". I am really sick of this problem. I do not know why it does not work and keeps connected to 3G Modem.

I have written to TP Link support, but they just returned automated email about HOLIDAYS " We are on holidays ... bla bla ". I would request TP Link Support Team to help me in this problem or tell me exact settings. OR if someone is experiencing this problem and solved it, Please let me know about it.

Thanks in advance .

Regards,
    Saqib

Quote Originally Posted by saqib View Post
    Hello Michael,

Yes, I can get the IP when on LAN but internet does not work, but sometimes this fix the problem after restarting router.

Yesterday, I updated Firmware too to latest one.

Following is setting:

1. Internet access mode is set to "Wan preferred ".
    2- 3G Modem is set to " Connect Automatically".

We face electricity issue here and I am using UPS for Router.

When electricity is down, WAN connection is lost and 3G is connected automatically.
    BUT
    When electricity is back, WAN is restored but no IP is assigned through WAN, it does not shift to WAN, it keeps connected 3G Modem.

I have written in detail about the setting. Should I set 3G Modem settings to " Connected on Demand". I am really sick of this problem. I do not know why it does not work and keeps connected to 3G Modem.

I have written to TP Link support, but they just returned automated email about HOLIDAYS " We are on holidays ... bla bla ". I would request TP Link Support Team to help me in this problem or tell me exact settings. OR if someone is experiencing this problem and solved it, Please let me know about it.

Thanks in advance .

Regards,
    Saqib
    I have the exact same problem with my TL-MR3420

Luca
    Last edited by Lucasart; 05-06-2013 at 22:01.

Thumbs up exactly the same problem

i have exactly the same problem ! " When ADSL (WAN) connectivity is back, no IP is assigned through WAN, it does not shift to WAN, it keeps connected 3G Modem."

it switches to WAN only if the ethernet cable is unplugged and plugged again.

my TL-MR3420 is loaded with new firmware : 3.14.9 Build 140319 Rel.38485n

i thought that i was using some other ADSL router, so i switched to TP-LINK's TD8816 on the ADSL end. still, it does not work.

WAN is on Dynamic IP address

Similar issue

I do have a similar issue.

When "Internet Access" set to "WAN Preferred", connection is made on the modem, but it never reverts to WAN, unless the cable is physically re-plugged.

Is TP-LINK reading the forum or do I need to write to support? What's the address?

Thanks.

Same issue

Hi Everyone,

I also have exactly the same issue with the latest firmware!

TP-LINK please respond ASAP with a fix to this issue!

Regards,
    Zoltan

Replay

I hope everyone can be patient and wait for a reply from the admin. Patient man more beloved by Allah

Thumbs up Same problem !

Hi,
    I have the same issue ! It is even more a frustration that the witch to 3G is very fast to occur but need a manual opearation to switch back to wan and not use all 3G data.
    Only way to solve I have a to switch off the router every day using programmable plug...
    This is not such a good solution !
    Is TP Link going to solve this ?
    Do you have any other solution ?
    Thanks

Do you have any configuration that works (DHCP, fix IP, etc ) ?
    Thanks

I asked tp-link and they said they will release a firmware to solve the problem later.
    Maybe we can try the new firmware when it released.

Was this solved?

I just purchased an MR3420. I have updated firmware to the latest. (3.16.9 Build 150319 Rel.60489n)

I have a WAN that is extended over several hops and experiences random hits of a minute or so in duration. The MR3420 switches to cellular as expected, but then stays there.
    If i manually go in and switch from WAN Preferred to WAN only, it jumps right over to WAN and runs fine.
    I then go in and change it back to WAN Preferred, and it is fine till the next hit on the WAN, and it once again stays on cellular.
    It is pretty worthless if you have to keep intervening.

Thanks - I have a few days before my return period is up and really need to know.

I finally got a response from TP-Link support with a beta version 151117 that fixed the issue. It is very good at switching off WAN and then returning to WAN when a ping is successful. Never saw the following in the log before.
    694 Feb 19 08:34:20 3G/4G NOTICE 3G/4G connected
    703 Feb 19 08:34:43 3G/4G INFO WAN prefer: WAN is back.
    722 Feb 19 08:34:47 PPP WARNING 3G/4G disconnected

Hello,
    That's a good news !
    How can we get this beta version ?
    Thanks

I think you would have to open a ticket with TP-Link Support. Tell them the issue and ask for beta firmware 151117. They emailed it to me.