Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I have not heard back from support yet but I did get an auto-response saying that the response time may be 48 hours due to a holiday backlog.

I am going to follow Meatfeast's lead. I have just updated my Intel LAN drivers from the ones I got with the disk that came with the board. I only built this PC a couple of weeks ago and had not got round to that yet. There seem to be a lot more power management options in the adapter properties now to play around with.

I know I have all wake on LAN options turned off in the BIOS. I am going to power down now and wait for the standby to kick in and see if the default NIC properties are now compatible with the TP.

Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    I have not heard back from support yet but I did get an auto-response saying that the response time may be 48 hours due to a holiday backlog.

I am going to follow Meatfeast's lead. I have just updated my Intel LAN drivers from the ones I got with the disk that came with the board. I only built this PC a couple of weeks ago and had not got round to that yet. There seem to be a lot more power management options in the adapter properties now to play around with.

I know I have all wake on LAN options turned off in the BIOS. I am going to power down now and wait for the standby to kick in and see if the default NIC properties are now compatible with the TP.
    Good stuff jdw, let us know how you get on.

I tried playing with the BIOS options and the NIC properties but that didn't work for me so I set everything back to their previous settings. I then installed the Utility and updated the firmware after checking I had version 1 of the hardware. I have only tested it once but the unit popped out of standby before I even got to the POST screen. Fingers crossed, it will continue to work.

The reason I did the firmware update last is in case I screwed it up and voided the waranty, but that seems to have solved the problem for me at least. YMMV. I hope this helps someone else. GL

UPDATE: I should have tested this more thoroughly. It is no longer working. I am now waiting for support's advice.
    Last edited by jdw; 04-04-2013 at 20:46.

Unhappy Same issue but with any iMac

I have the same issue in that the Powerline adapter will not wake up with the PC but in my case I have only tried it with Apple iMacs and it fails every time. Have lodged an RMA request with my supplier (eBuyer.com) - very disappointed with TP-Link who seem to have no answers. There's no BIOS to play with on a Mac and drivers are supplied by Apple so nothing to change there either - it just doesn't work.

Lightbulb Workaround for iMac

I've discovered that if I change the Ethernet connection from auto to manual and set it to 1000baseT Full Duplex then it will awaken the Powerline. Otherwise if I plug my iMac into a sleeping Powerline adapter I will not get a connection.

To make the changes, go to System Preferences >Network >Ethernet Port >Advanced >Ethernet (Tab)

Configure: Manually
    Speed: 1000BaseT
    Duplex: Full-duplex
    MTU: Standard (1500)

Thanks for nothing TP-Link support.

That's it...still no fix after 2 months. Returned to the shop and replaced with an AVM which works like a charm. Even better performance and power save mode works now without any problem.
    Bey TP-link, hopefully you will give more priority to firmware updates.

Members peter is on a distinguished road
    how to solve some powerline adapters can’t be waked up by some network adapters :
    http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread....s&region=china

please try to test this tool,,
    from their announcement, it seems like it's a compatibility problem of the PHY chipset,so can you post the model of the device or network card here?
    maybe that will help TP-LINK to improve their products!!!
    Last edited by peter; 04-26-2013 at 10:07.

There is a firmware upgrade here: http://www.tplink.com/en/support/dow...511&version=V1, which I tried to install on my PC, but when I try to open the utility to turn off the power save mode, I get a message saying "invalid DLL file". Very frustrating !!!

have you installed the utility in the CD first? maybe the utility failed to find some file...

I am on a Mac and I'm using a combination of Nanos and a PA-211 and I'm not experiencing any problem with powersave mode. My guess is that Meatfeast is on the right track looking at the NIC driver for his computer. It sounds like it is not sending whatever signal the TP-Link is looking for to wake itself up. I have the opposite problem in that I use my adapters to extend my wireless coverage with a couple of additional access points, and I don't want the powerline adapters to go to sleep. Most of the time I'm in good shape as there is always traffic passing over the network, but for my use, I'd love to be able to override the powersave mode so they are always on.

Powerline adapter - power saving issues

Hi all,

I have a massive issue with some powerline adapters so I decided I might try this thread and maybe someone can help me out from TP Link/
    I have the below: TP-Link PA411KIT AV500 500 Mbps Powerline Adapter - Twin Pack which I have used for a while they always had an issue which I only realised recently is not from my router/ISP but the actual adapters themselves.
    Basically, every so often the LAN connection would disconnect becase of what I think is the powersave feature. If I switch the socket off and on again it immediately connects back, otherwise I have to wait for 3-5 minutes or more (exclamation sign on the network connection, no connection to router established)

I thought it was a fault set so I upgraded the firmware correctly, tested and same issues. (from v1.00 to 1.2 I think?). Because problem persisted I sent them back to Amazon and they kindly sent another set out which are a newer version but have the same problem!!
    The issues is reproduce-able as I use the adapter for my Router > PC and to > TV. When I watch something on the TV It very often disconnects because it looses connection ...(dunno if it's buffering or anything like that?). So both PC and TV have the same problem and I doubt it is a coincidence ...

So, is there a firmware without the power saving function available or a place where I can switch it off? Or is there a fix to these?

I have now ordered a pair of TP Link nano's at 200 Mbps and they have the same issue! It happens quite a lot when at the PC like now, I write this message on the forum, but no other activity in the background so they will disconnect although I have Skype logged in, pages opened that refresh sometimes, etc.

In case there is no fix I will send them all back and just buy a different brand - I am very disappointed in this design and the fact that there is no checkbox to turn this "feature" off...

Any help greatly appreciated!

great. thanks TP link for not a great product at all ..but also no support whatsoever ...
    I will send these back along with 200 Mbps ones I bought as they all have the same problems! the least you could do dear TP link support team is to give me an answer

AV600 Firmware

Don't suppose anyone knows if there is the same 'power-save off' firmware available for the AV600 kits by any chance?

Thanks,

Members Ada is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikachu View Post
    Don't suppose anyone knows if there is the same 'power-save off' firmware available for the AV600 kits by any chance?

Thanks,
    The same indeed.

I have a same problem.....SO,these infos are very useful for me....
    etui nexus 5
    housse nexus 5
    Last edited by lina9108; 10-15-2014 at 09:13.