Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Firmware for TL-WR841N v8

Region : Philippines

Model : TL-WR841N

Hardware Version : V8

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I understand the TL-WR841N and TL-WR841ND are exactly the same hardware, except the TL-WR841ND has removable antennas. The download page for the TL-WR841ND v8 has newer firmware than the TL-WR841N. Is it acceptable to use the ND firmware on the N model?

Members
    The difference between N and ND is only the detachable antenna
    tplink-forum.pl - I'm not official TP-Link agent, it's my hobby only.

ftp://tplink-forum.pl/beta - If you have a new beta firmware share it - contact with me - forum@tplink-forum.pl

Quote Originally Posted by jimasek View Post
    The difference between N and ND is only the detachable antenna
    Thats what I thought. Do not understand why TP-Link has newer firmware for the ND, but not the N on their download page.

Members
    Maybe this is mistake in spelling on TP-Link page?
    tplink-forum.pl - I'm not official TP-Link agent, it's my hobby only.

ftp://tplink-forum.pl/beta - If you have a new beta firmware share it - contact with me - forum@tplink-forum.pl

Cool Flash and don't worry

Just got my WR841N and got to this topic. And because my FW was dated February 2012, I also needed an answer. So, I just got the last two firmwares for the N and ND models (from August) and ran file comparison - no differences. Then downloaded the ND firmware from November - the name of the firmware data file is the same as the update from August for N and ND models - "wr841nv8_en_3_13_27_up_boot(121101)". Note the "nv8" part.

What made me take a final decision was the title in the router admin console, where it states "300M Wireless N Router Model No. TL-WR841N / TL-WR841ND" . Obviously, the router itself has no idea as of what model it is The very final step - I just flashed theTL-WR841ND_V8.0_121101 WR841ND firmware to my WR841N.

And it worked