Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread

How to install adapter in Windows 8 64 bit?

Region : NewZealand

Model : TL-WN823N

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I saw on the TP-LINK web site that windows 8 32 and 64 bit is supported for the WN823N V1, but I cannot install the programs from the CD and cannot get the adapter to work.

When I plug in the adapter itself it is recognised as a realtek RTL819CU Wireless LAN USB 2.0 Adapter and a driver from realtek is loaded. 1021.0.716.2012 16/7/2012. However I cannot connect to it by entering the password at all.

I cannot update the drivers. I can manually install the utility app by directly running the installer from the CD in Utility\setup.exe but it wont run it starts up and show a dialog With the header TWCU and a message Failed to load the library file!

I am running Windows 8 64 bit 6.2.9200. The adapter is labelled as a TL-WN823N Ver 1.0 on the box.

Regards,

JR

Banned
    “When I plug in the adapter itself it is recognised as a realtek RTL819CU Wireless LAN USB 2.0 Adapter and a driver from realtek is loaded. 1021.0.716.2012 16/7/2012. However I cannot connect to it by entering the password at all.”

It seems that the driver was already installed successfully.
    After you entering the password, is there any error message ?

"but it wont run it starts up and show a dialog With the header TWCU and a message Failed to load the library file!"

It seems that the TP-link utility can not support the windows 8 currently.
    But you can use the windows built-in utility...

Install all driver

To install all the drivers for the Windows operating system, you download the software Easy Driver Pack for Win8 x64 at http://adf.ly/tU0Qv (Chinese version), after downloading, run the .exe file. For other Windows versions, you accessed at http://storesofts.wordpress.com and search by keyword Easy Driver Pack