Members

Question How to set BRIDGE mode

Region : Italy

Model : TL-MR3220

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 3.12.20 Build 120705 Rel.39030n Beta

ISP :

Hi to all,
    I'm facing problem to properly set BRIDGE mode (WDS Bridging). I had a router connected to ADSL line with following setting:

IP 192.168.1.1
    Security setting - WPA2/TKIP
    DHCP on

The wi-fi coverage is not good in all the floor so I'm trying to extend coverage using a TL-MR3220. I did follow the instruction in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWVPZSQqUZg

But It doesn't work... Enabling WDS bridge mode, I was able to found SSID and set password. I setted the IP address for the MR3220 in 192.168.1.100 and I leave DHCP also on with no IP conflict.
    From Diagnostic page I'm able to ping at 192.168.1.1 with good response but If I try to reach 192.168.1.1 from my laptop or smartphone this is not found.

Where do I make mistake?

Seems you get the DHCP on with TL-MR3220? if yes, I think you'd better turn it off since only one DHCP sever is needed within one network. As to do WDS on TP-LINK routers, I suggest you take their instruction as a reference:http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=227

Members
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Seems you get the DHCP on with TL-MR3220? if yes, I think you'd better turn it off since only one DHCP sever is needed within one network. As to do WDS on TP-LINK routers, I suggest you take their instruction as a reference:http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=227
    Many thanks for your support... I made a lot of trial, if I don't remember wrong, I already test with DHCP off, by the way I'll make another trial...

Thanks for the guide, I'll try it.

Members
    Hi to all,
    I tried again to connect the two lan in bridge mode without result... In picture 1 is rapresented network layout:

layout.jpg

When I follow the TP-link FAQ, 192.168.1.3 is able to see 192.168.1.1 with ping command and viceversa. Any user in LAN 2 is able to see 192.168.1.3 but it's impossible to reach 192.168.1.1
    I tried a different thing... Connecting directly Lan2 to 192.168.1.1 in wi-fi mode, I'm able to ping 192.168.1.3.

So the matter is why does lan2 is not able to connect to internet through 192.168.1.3 in bridge mode?

Attacched info on 192.168.1.1 router.

Any suggest is much apprecited.
    Attached Images