Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Post Deco Initial Impressions

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP : [/COLOR]

Hi all,

I received and set up the product today and here are my thoughts from a fresh install perspective.

I have it setup like this,

Modem and 5 port switch > Router Deco > 2nd Deco wired into switch >3rd Deco Wireless

Here are my initial observations;

I can't tell if the 2nd Deco is actually using wired backhaul?
    I can't see what my client devices are connected at in terms of Mbps, or which Deco unit.
    I cant see the network topography, or connection rate at which the Decos are connected to each other at.

Everything seems to be working and the setup was easy but I would like much more information that what is currently available.

Let me know if I am missing some way to do the above things I mentioned.

YorkshireLion-

You want the switch AFTER the Gateway Deco, not connected to the Router. Reconnect & repower the Decos starting with the 1st (Gateway) and you should be all set.

Iím not sure what you mean, I have my modem going into the gateway deco, I also have my switch going into the gateway deco, second port. That has my Xbox, PlayStation 4 and Nvidia Shield. There is a port that carries a cat5e cable up into a computer room that has a Tp-Link switch connected to various devices including the deco.

Quote Originally Posted by YorkshireLion View Post
    I have it setup like this,

Modem and 5 port switch > Router Deco > 2nd Deco wired into switch >3rd Deco Wireless
    I guess PMSyPly means that you shouldn't connect it this way. But according to your explanation your connection actually looks like this:

Modem > Router Deco > 5 port switch > 2nd Deco wired into switch >3rd Deco Wireless