+ Reply to Thread
    Members

Disconnects randomly, changes focus from IE

Region : UnitedStates

Model : TL-WDN4800

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP : CenturyLink

Most times things run fine, but every once in a while (about every 5 minutes) something pulls the focus from IE to the desktop. Very annoying when you are typing an e-mail.

Also it disconnects about every 10-15 minutes. I have to click in the tray for the connections, select the connection, and click on the Connect button. It just seems to drop and not try to reconnect. Also very annoying.

The router is in the same room about 10 feet away.

Members
    do you mean some useless windows pop out when you are typing an e-mail? if it is, don't think there is some relationship with the adapter.
    about the second problem, your PC is win7 or winXP? do you use TP-LINK utility or windows utility?
    try to reinstall the driver and install the driver only.

Members
    I'm not getting any ads or anything pop up. No adware or viruses going on either from what I can tell. The focus just changes to the desktop.
    I haven't installed any additional software other than the driver itself.
    I am using the TP-Link utility.

Members
    Removing the TP Link Config utility cleared up everything.

Members
    I'm having the same issue. ie. programs lose focus, most notably browsers, and constantly require clicking on the window to regain it. The problem first appeared immediately after installation of my TP-Link wireless PCI adapter TL-WN851ND Ver. 1.0, and its included software.

For me, the setting entitled "Power Save Mode <on / off>" on the 'Advanced' tab of the configuration utility turned out to be the culprit. If I turn that off, the problem goes away. But the next time I boot up the system, that setting reverts back to the ON state again. Very Annoying!

Does anyone know if there's a fix for this? Or, how can I get the power save mode to stay OFF?

Members
    I had identical problem with TL-WDN3800 running on XP Home and the fix was to select the "Windows wireless configuration tool" in ADVANCED (as you discovered).
    Many thanks!
    The TPLink utility is in obvious need of revision.