Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Junior Member mick.hughes1980 is on a distinguished road

Problems using Deco M5 to extend Original Wifi Network

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP : [/COLOR]

I have a Archer VR2800 which provides my main WiFi Network (in both 5 & 2.4G). All my devices such as SONOS, Philips Hue, Nest Cameras etc are connected to either the 5G, 2.4G or LAN networks.

I purchased the Deco M5 to extend the range of my original network. After initial installation in the default 'Router' mode where I had to create a new wifi network name, I accessed the advanced settings and changed it to 'Access Point'.

Now I am seeing my original 5G and 2.4G WiFi networks, but I am still seeing the name of the Deco M5 WiFi name that I was prompted to enter on initial instalation. The Deco M5 is providing the extended range I was after, just with a different network, which If I am connected means that I cannot control any of the Philips Hue lights or play music through my SONOS speakers which are connected to my original WiFi.

Does anybody know How I can use the Deco M5 to totally replicate my original router settings/WiFi Networks???

Many Thanks

Hi Michael,

You can setup the Deco on AP mode, then all the devices connected to Deco and VR2800 are in the same network, and can communicate to each other.