Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread

EAP225 - Where are 5GHz channels 149-161?

Hi,

On my EAP225 web admin when I assign which channel 2/5GHz Wifi uses, under 5GHz I see channels 36-48 but not 149-161. How do I assign the higher channels 149-161?

Thanks,

Neil
    Last edited by neile; 02-16-2018 at 09:24.

Members R1D2 is on a distinguished road
    No way. Those are channels for outdoor use, they require TPC/DFS, which isn't supported (at least yet) by EAPs.

That's a shame - I tried the Ubiquiti AC-AP-Pro the other day and it has these channels

Tempted to return my EAP225 and get an AC-AP-Pro instead.... any reason why I shouldn't?

Thanks,

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by neile View Post
    Tempted to return my EAP225 and get an AC-AP-Pro instead.... any reason why I shouldn't?
    That's something you must decide for yourself. (E.g. nearly double the price of the UBNT gear compared to EAP or client devices not supporting any channels other then those blessed for indoor use at all comes to my mind).

Quote Originally Posted by R1D2 View Post
    That's something you must decide for yourself. (E.g. nearly double the price of the UBNT gear compared to EAP or client devices not supporting any channels other then those blessed for indoor use at all comes to my mind).
    That's a fair enough point - do clients not have such good support for the higher/outdoor channels then? Are they used more for intra-AP communication or something, otherwise what's the point? Cost also a good point

In 5 GHz band often only the top four (Indoor Only) and bottom five (North America) channels are commonly used due to interferences with weather radars and digital satellites, even with devices capable of using U-NII-2A/2C sub-bands, which require TPC/DFS.

Thanks for the input guys, appreciate it.