Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1

    Creating one SSID with multiple EAP 110

    Model :

    Hardware Version :

    Firmware Version :

    ISP : [/COLOR]

    I have always used a single EAP110 just as an extra AP but the main WiFi router and the EAP110 had different SSID's and we switched between the two dependent which area of the house we were in. I am now putting in two more EAP110's to complete coverage in the house and the garden (which has an outbuilding office at the end of it).

    My query is 'how do I configure the 3x EAP110's to host the same SSID as the ISP's WiFi router?'

    Am using EAP Controller Version: 2.4.7

    TIA

    Ian

  2. #2
    Members R1D2 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,433
    Just set the SSID in the Wireless menu of the EAP Controller. Make sure to use different WiFi channels on each EAP110. Distance between channels should be at least 5 channels if using mixed 802.11b/g/n mode or at least 4 if using only 802.11n mode.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by R1D2 View Post
    Just set the SSID in the Wireless menu of the EAP Controller. Make sure to use different WiFi channels on each EAP110. Distance between channels should be at least 5 channels if using mixed 802.11b/g/n mode or at least 4 if using only 802.11n mode.
    Will certainly try this, how do you maintain that distance between WiFi channels when using more and more AP's?

  4. #4
    Members R1D2 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,433
    Quote Originally Posted by fivedegrees View Post
    Will certainly try this, how do you maintain that distance between WiFi channels when using more and more AP's?
    By placing them at a certain physical distance and reducing their TX power to reduce their area of coverage. Of course, this requires exact RF measurements to be taken when building such a wireless network.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by R1D2 View Post
    By placing them at a certain physical distance and reducing their TX power to reduce their area of coverage. Of course, this requires exact RF measurements to be taken when building such a wireless network.
    Appreciate your help


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Copyright 1996-2018 TP-LINK Technologies Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.