Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Junior Member KarlMarx is on a distinguished road

Different Network Segments

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP : [/COLOR]

Hello, as the title suggests. We have several locations that are connected to a vpn.

Name:  tplik.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  28.5 KB

Can someone tell me how to configure the AC500 that the APs in the various address ranges are recognized by the AC500?

I do not want that the traffic is transferred from the outside locations via the vpn to the AC500. The traffics should be distributed by the location's own router.

I hope that's possible at all, that's what they told me at the technical support before I bought it.

Best regards

Members R1D2 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by KarlMarx View Post
    Can someone tell me how to configure the AC500 that the APs in the various address ranges are recognized by the AC500?
    They are recognized if the AC500 is in the same subnet as all CAPs independent of their physical locations. Just ensure that the controller is inside the VPN subnet.

I do not want that the traffic is transferred from the outside locations via the vpn to the AC500. The traffics should be distributed by the location's own router.
    Regular traffic is always distributed to the Internet directly by the location's own router. The CAPs and AC500 only exchange management traffic (and portal redirects if you use a portal).

Quote Originally Posted by R1D2 View Post
    They are recognized if the AC500 is in the same subnet as all CAPs independent of their physical locations. Just ensure that the controller is inside the VPN subnet.

Regular traffic is always distributed to the Internet directly by the location's own router. The CAPs and AC500 only exchange management traffic (and portal redirects if you use a portal).
    Thank for your help!
    One Page Checkout by MageStore | Magento Folder Structure | How to check Magento Version online | Omnichannel Order Fulfillment | POS Data Analytics to Improve the Business