Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread

TL-SG105E: 2 Transparent Trunk Ports + untagged ports

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP : [/COLOR]

I'm wondering if it's possible to have two trunk ports that are capable of passing any vlan and have untagged ports that can pick up certain vlans from the trunk ports. I would like to be able to tap into an existing network connection with my 5 port easy smart switch and pull certain certain vlans and pass them to other ports for device management. Below is an example of what I'm trying to do. Our network contains more than the 33 vlans that the easy smart switch allows, so it is not possible for me to simply program all of our network vlans on the trunk ports.
    Name:  Drawing1.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  13.2 KB

Members R1D2 is on a distinguished road
    For trunk ports you need to configure their VLAN membership on the TL-SG105E. The trunk ports forwards only those Ethernet frames tagged with a VLAN ID these ports are a member of. This means you are limited to 32 VLANs on TL-SG105E.
    Last edited by R1D2; 01-15-2018 at 13:14.

Thanks for the hasty response. What is the smallest switch you guys offer that supports a greater number of VLANs?

Thanks for the hasty response. What is the smallest switch you offer that can support a greater number of VLANs?

Thanks for the hasty response. What is the smallest switch you guys offer that supports a greater number of VLANs?

Members R1D2 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by mnajera View Post
    I'm not from TP-Link, I am just a user like you are. Take a look at TL-SG2008. It is a smart switch (without "easy"), which offers 512 VLANs out of 4k. Nice switch, I use it, too.