Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Como cofigurar antenaTP-LINK CPE210

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP : [/COLOR]

Good afternoon.
    Buy a TP-LINK CPE210 antenna and the truth is that I do not understand much, to say nothing, which mount to have wifi, for mobile and tablet, in a place that I have in front of my house, about 200 meters .
    The fact is that I receive the signal but I am not able to connect, and I have seen many tutorials on the Web, but I did not find a solution ... I would like to know if you can help me how to configure the antenna properly for my case.
    A greeting.

Members R1D2 is on a distinguished road
    CPEs are designed for directional radio links. Their two antennas are directional, meaning their beam width is 65 (H) / 35 (E). To cover an area all around (360) you would better use an outdoor EAP such as the EAP110-Outdoor or EAP225-Outdoor. Those devices have omnidirectional antennas.

As for 200 meters distance: this is absolutely no problem for a CPE, but it definitely is a problem for SmartPhones, Tablets, Laptops etc. Realistic distances for consumer devices such as SmartPhones are ~ 30-40 meters, maybe little more or even much lesser depending on their antennas. Even on such distances you would need either omnidirectional or sector antennas, since the CPE's antenna beam width might be too small to cover more than a few meters in a 90 angle relative to the distance from the CPE.
    Last edited by R1D2; 01-11-2018 at 15:22.

That is, to solve my problem it is best to combine the antenna that I have now with an EAP110-Outdoo ??

Members R1D2 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by josesanti View Post
    That is, to solve my problem it is best to combine the antenna that I have now with an EAP110-Outdoo ??
    No, it means that you should replace the CPE by an EAP110-Outdoor if you only need to feed clients and have a wired Internet connection to the AP.