Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Networking questions with 2 ISP

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP : [/COLOR]

Hello.

I am new to building out door network with 2 ISP. I have two TP CPE210s, TD-9970 router/modem, Bell T1000 router/modem, and Cisco RV320. Basically I want to build a network that outdoor users can access the internet using WIFI:
    • CPE210s will be used as outdoor access points
    • TD9970 will be logged into an ISP using PPPoE connection to provide internet connection
    • Bell T1000 will be also providing internet connection using PPPoE
    • RV320 - Dual WAN router will be used to load balance the internet connection
    Name:  LAN.png
Views: 0
Size:  28.4 KB

1. Can you please take a look at the attached the network diagram and confirm the design works?
    2. Where do I enter PPPoE user ID and Password? In TD9970 / T1000? What about at RV320? Or do i just put Assign IP automatically in RV320 and CPE210?

Thank you very much!

Hi,

CPE210 is only good for a long distance of point to point connection but not good for outdoor wifi coverage for wifi clients because CPE210 is equipped with directional antenna.
    I would recommend outdoor AP with onmi-antennas such asTP-Link EAP110-Outdoor(2.4G only) or EAP225-Outdoor (Dual band).

For the WAN configuration, there are two options,
    Solution A:

1. Let the two modems work in PPPoE mode and input PPPoE username and password on the two modem/routers. Two routers can provide Wi-Fi coverage for the inside of house.
    2. Establish two stable links in RV320. Go to System Management- dual WAN and edit WAN 1 and WAN 2. Configure Dynamic IP in RV320.
    3. Add an EAP110/225-Outdoor for outdoor use.

In this situation, clients connected to 9970, clients connected to T1000 and the clients connected to EAP110-Outdoor are in the different subnets which cannot communicate directly.

Solution B:

1. Let the two modems work in bridge mode and input PPPoE username and password on the RV320. Two routers will not provide Wi-Fi coverage for the inside of house.
    2. Establish two stable PPPoE links in RV320. Go to System Management- dual WAN and edit WAN 1 and WAN 2. Configure PPPoE in RV320.
    3. Add an EAP110/225-Outdoor for outdoor use. Add an EAP225 for indoor use.

In this situation, clients connected to EAP110-Outdoor and the clients connected to EAP225 are in the same subnets which can communicate directly.
    Attached Images        
    Last edited by Carat1; 12-28-2017 at 06:40.

Thank you carat1.