Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread

LB110 Bulbs Using 100% CPU of Router

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP : [/COLOR]

Hello all,

After connecting a TP-Link LB110 to my home network my internet connection failed almost immediately. I have managed to observe that the CPU usage on the router jumps up to 100% when the bulb has power. Has anyone else seen this happen?
    I am using a Vodafone Connect router which cannot be replaced. I have power cycled the router several times to no avail. When I turn off the bulb at the light switch the CPU usage drops to less than 10% and my internet connection returns, but the same thing happens again when I switch the light switch back on.
    I have 3 TP-Link smart plugs which have worked perfectly for over a year.

Can anyone think of what the bulb is doing to cause the router to run out of processing power?

Can you see from router side about the flow generate by LB? How much is it?

Unfortunately the router becomes so slow it's unusable and it doesn't provide much information or logs anyway, all I can see is the bulb has 2 connections according to the NAT mapping table but I can't download the table to see what those connections are whilst the bulb is connected.I'm going to be trying it at someone else's house today with a Virgin Media router so I will report back with what happens.