Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Hopefully this gets fixed soon. Do these routers auto update firmware ? Purchased mine Oct 30. Never updated firmware and December 18th it stopped working as my access point. Reset and worked for the night . Next day same thing. Unable to connect and password incorrect. Reset router and reset up my access point and only worked again for 1 day.

I changed my router to 2.4 Ghz only, deactivating the 5Ghz band, as a last resort, two days ago. Since then everything is working without problems, no interruption in the Wi-Fi connection. At the moment it seems that it is more stable. I'll leave it this way until I wait for the firmware update. I imagine that the problem is related to the 5 Ghz wifi signal. I will report news.

I will try to disable my router 5GHz band.

Hi Francisco Fernández,

So how is the status after you disabled the 5Ghz band?

Do you mind to feedback all your issues and solution to TP-Link tech support as below. Currently they really need help from users to provide feedback and results of testing.
    support@tp-link.com
    support.forum@tp-link.com

Because my issues is same as yours but until now their RnD team can't find the root cause.

Quote Originally Posted by tplink View Post
    Dear All,

TP-Link is aware of the feedback on Archer C1200 and already taken great importance into this model.
    If you encounter similar issue as other members posted, please kindly feedback to TP-Link technical support team (support.forum@tp-link.com) with detailed description of the problem.
    We will request our R&D team to deal with your case in one business day.

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco Fernández View Post
    I changed my router to 2.4 Ghz only, deactivating the 5Ghz band, as a last resort, two days ago. Since then everything is working without problems, no interruption in the Wi-Fi connection. At the moment it seems that it is more stable. I'll leave it this way until I wait for the firmware update. I imagine that the problem is related to the 5 Ghz wifi signal. I will report news.

Hi Francisco Fernández,

So how is the status after you disabled the 5Ghz band?

Do you mind to feedback all your issues and solution to TP-Link tech support as below. Currently they really need help from users to provide feedback and results of testing.
    support@tp-link.com
    support.forum@tp-link.com

Because my issues is same as yours but until now their RnD team can't find the root cause.

Hello

Although I know that it is not a definitive solution, as a provisional measure to improve the stability of the router, I have tried to configure the 2G and 5G networks with WPA and TKIP (instead of WPA2 and AES) but the performance is very bad.

With WPA2 + AES the performance exceeds 170 Mbps
    With WPA + TKIP the performance barely exceeds 20 Mbps

Probably because it has no HW acceleration for WPA + TKIP

Therefore this option is not a valid solution even as a provisional measure.

Regards.

Hello mrd2, at the moment the connection remains stable, only 2.4 GHZ band, I have not had to restart the router at the moment.The problem must be related to the 5 Ghz band. Sorry for the time to answer, I had a few days of Christmas holidays. I will report any news. Greetings and happy holidays to all.

I have already transferred all the information to the technical service of Tp-Link in my country, Spain. They told me they are working on a new firmware. But these days will be on vacation until January 6. I imagine that from then on they will begin to really work on a solution.

Hi guys,

Same issue here. Turning off and on the wifi radio (2.4 or 5 GHz) also brings back the connection. Reboot is not the only solution.

Same problem!!!

Two days ago, a beta firmware was sent to me from the tp-link technical service. They told me that it would correct my problem. I've been testing these two days. At the moment the connection is stable, it has not been lost at any time. I share the link in case someone is interested in trying it. I will continue reporting after a week. This firmware is only for TP-LINK Archer C1200(EU)_V1
    Link:
    https://we.tl/Ufy7janaPl

I hope you find it useful.Regards

Same

Archer C1200 v2.0
    2.0.0 Build 20170206 rel.46023 (EU)
    Same problem!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TP-Admin View Post
    Hi All,

Following initial research and investigation, our Engineering Team is confident that they've determined one of the key origins of the issue. From what we have gathered so far, the issue appears to be related to some recent releases of Android OS and Google Apps. This issue stems from these devices' "Cast" feature, which sends MDNS multicast discovery packets in order to keep a live connection with Google products such as Google Home. These packets normally sent in a 20-second interval. However, we have discovered that the devices will sometimes broadcast a large amount of these packets at a very high speed in a short amount of time. This occurs when the device is awakened from the "sleep mode", and could exceed more than 100,000 packets in a short amount of time. The longer your device is in "sleep", the larger this packet burst will be. This issue may eventually cause some of router’s primary features to shut down – including wireless connectivity.

For US customer, we have released firmware to resolve this issue, you can find the firmware at
    http://www.tp-link.com/us/faq-2050.html

For other region customer, we will release new firmware to resolve this issue asap, and there are beta firmware for this issue now:

Archer C1200 (EU) V1:
    http://static.tp-link.com/2018/20180...80101_Beta.zip

Archer C1200 (EU) V2:
    http://static.tp-link.com/2018/20180...80101_Beta.zip

Archer C1200 (CA) V1:
    http://static.tp-link.com/2018/20180...80102_Beta.zip

Note: Archer C1200 (CA) V3 use the same firmware as Archer C1200(US) V3, you can find the firmware at http://www.tp-link.com/us/faq-2050.html
    Maybe this can help you.