Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Syslog Server sur EAP controller + EAP245

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP : [/COLOR]

Bonjour,

J'ai crée un reseau wifi avec portail invité sur un SSID "Guest" par l'EAP controller avec 2 bornes EAP245. J'ai activé la case "enable server" et j'ai entré l'adresse ip de mon pc local sur lequel j'ai installé un Kiwi Syslog Server gratuit (port 514).
    Que je me connecte en mode "hotspot" avec un Voucher, ou en mode "simple password" sur le portail, ma session s'ouvre bien et j’accède a Internet, par contre aucun log n'arrive sur Kiwi. Je ne sais pas si c'est la config de Tp Link ou Kiwi qui ne va pas.
    Comment puis tester le fait que l'EAP Controller ou les bornes envoie bien un log a chaque connexion?
    Quelqu'un a-t-il déjà mis en route un Syslog sur Tp Link et si tel est le cas comment et avec quel système pour les recuperer?
    Merci FP

English Forum ,dude

Hello,

I created a wifi network with a guest portal on a SSID "Guest" by the EAP controller with 2 terminals EAP245. I activated the box "enable server" and I entered the ip address of my local pc on which I installed a free Kiwi Syslog Server (port 514).
    Whether I log in mode "hotspot" with a Voucher, or mode "simple password" on the portal, my session opens well and I access the Internet, however no log arrives on Kiwi. I do not know if it's the config of Tp Link or Kiwi that is wrong.
    How can I test whether the EAP Controller or the terminals sends a log to each connection?
    Has anyone already started a syslog on Tp Link and if so how and with what system to recover them?
    Thanks FP

Syslog Server with EAP controller + EAP245

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP : [/COLOR]

Hello,

I created a wifi network with a guest portal on a SSID "Guest" by the EAP controller with 2 terminals EAP245. I activated the box "enable server" and I entered the ip address of my local pc on which I installed a free Kiwi Syslog Server (port 514).
    Whether I log in mode "hotspot" with a Voucher, or mode "simple password" on the portal, my session opens well and I access the Internet, however no log arrives on Kiwi. I do not know if it's the config of Tp Link or Kiwi that is wrong.
    How can I test whether the EAP Controller or the terminals sends a log to each connection?
    Has anyone already started a syslog on Tp Link and if so how and with what system to recover them?
    Thanks FP

Members R1D2 is on a distinguished road
    Works for me. As soon as I enable remote logging using UDP on the server and turn on remote logging in the EAP controller, my syslog daemon starts receiving messages from the EAP:

Code:
    Dec  6 00:55:59 eap225-50-c7-bf-xx-xx-xx.my.lan  <;4>LAN IP and mask changed to 192.168.1.144 255.255.255.0
    Anyway, the EAP does not write any log record when guests are logging in or out.

Hi,

It seems it has something to do the settings on Kiwi Syslog Server and EAP Controller.
    Apart from hotspot and simple password, will the Kiwi server receive other settings' log?

Actually I haven't used this before. so i googled it. Maybe this link helps you debug.
    http://www.kiwisyslog.com/help/syslo...thkiwisysl.htm
    Last edited by Carat1; 01-02-2018 at 09:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Punkypic01 View Post
    Yes. Remote syslog works with every UNIX/Linux syslog compatible software. It's just ASCII text being logged, no special format.

Note that logging into a portal or connecting/disconnecting to the WiFi radio is not being logged using syslog (on no WiFi router/hotspot system I know of).

R1D2, Thanks for your info.

You're welcome anytime, Carat1. I wish you and every other forum user a happy new year!

The same to you