Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread

LTE MR200 Router Speed at 20mbps Only? Help!

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP : [/COLOR]

Okay, so I live where there are no fiber optics so my internet dsl is slow... it peaks at 6mbps while paying a rate the same as my friend with at 1,000mbps connection in the city.
    Now that there are unlimited phone network plans again where I'm from, I got a family plan and I'll use one of the sim for my new Dlink LTE router.

I did some speed testing and here's how it came out (all using the same sim card):

On my phone: 100mbps
    On my phone as a hotspot: 50mbps
    On my new LTE router: 20mbps

So I contacted the network and they said the problem must be with my router. But I suspect it's not. It must be controlled by the network that when it serves as a tether, it will be throttled to go slower. But this is all just a hunch. I mean, coming from a 6mbps, 20mbps is not bad at all! But still... the faster the better.

I also tried ethernet connection to the router... still capped at around the same speed. FYI, the LTE signals are at 75% and 100% in the tests.

Anyone have any knowledge on this?

Hi,
    What's the hardware and firmware version of your router, try update the firmware and see if it helps.

Hello! I have the latest firmware.

It seems the network has put a cap on the simcard when it's being used on a router. Other subscribers told me the same thing. We're all capped at around 20mbps when used with any router.