Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Question Archer C50 v2 - Parental Control Issue

    Model : Archer C50

    Hardware Version :

    Firmware Version : 0.8.0 0.2 v005c.0 Build 160824 Rel.36561n (Canada)

    ISP : [/COLOR]

    Hello Everyone,

    Archer C50 v2, with the Canadian firmware upgraded to version:0.8.0 0.2 v005c.0 Build 160824 Rel.36561n

    After I enable parental control, I choose a device, enter a MAC a address and the effective time. I then proceed to enter an website that cannot be accessed during that specific time and save everything.

    So it works, that device is not able to access that website during that specific time.

    Except, the device is no longer able to access the router address either, neither by IP or android application.

    It all goes back to normal, when I disable the effective time, or disable parental control. Also, even if there is no website blacklisted, I can still not access the router during that specific time. Any suggestions?

    Thank you,
    aemi

    Links

    Router Link: http://www.tp-link.com/ca/products/details/cat-9_Archer-C50.html



  2. #2
    The parental control won't take effect when it is disabled.
    It seems that the device has some special settings on it.
    Restart the device and check the IP address on it to see whether it is normal assigned by the router.
    Try a different web browser to login to the router's web page.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by vieldcs View Post
    The parental control won't take effect when it is disabled.
    It seems that the device has some special settings on it.
    Restart the device and check the IP address on it to see whether it is normal assigned by the router.
    Try a different web browser to login to the router's web page.
    I did a restart of the router and back to factory settings.
    Checked this on different devices, it seems that all of them are affected when parental control is on.
    Last edited by aemi; 11-08-2017 at 06:20. Reason: late night

  4. #4
    can you share a screenshot?
    It seems to be not impossible to have this issue.

  5. #5

    screenshots

    Below is the parental control section enabled

    Name:  TP Link Parental Control.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  55.6 KB



    Below is the modify panel within the parental control section

    Name:  TP Link Parental Control modify panel.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  53.2 KB




    Below is the effective time within the modify panel

    Name:  TP Link Parental Control effective time.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  58.8 KB


    Please note, that I am not able to access the router settings with that tablet, during the time that is marked with green, either by ip address or TP link android app. I am able to access the router interface with that tablet, during the time that is marked as white.

  6. #6
    Actually this is a default design.
    If the device under blacklist but it can still access to the router's page, then it may change the router's settings.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by uutommi View Post
    Actually this is a default design.
    If the device under blacklist but it can still access to the router's page, then it may change the router's settings.
    I understand your point, but if the user doesn't have the password to the router they can NOT change the settings. If it was meant to be like this, then it was poorly implemented imo.

  8. #8
    Right, users cannot change setting if they don't have the password. so they don't need the ability to access to the router's page when the parental control takes effect, because they cannot open that page without password.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Enson Loo View Post
    Right, users cannot change setting if they don't have the password. so they don't need the ability to access to the router's page when the parental control takes effect, because they cannot open that page without password.
    Unless the admin happens to use that device at that particular time and can't access the router's page to change the settings and provide temporary access to the user.


 

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Copyright 1996-2017 TP-LINK Technologies Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.