Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread

EAP 245 Access Filtering

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP : [/COLOR]

Good afternoon, I have several EAP 245's installed at one of our campuses. The main traffic on them is WIFI security cameras. I want to force specific cameras to connect to specific AP's. Can I do this by allowing or denying specific MAC addresses within the AP management?

Also does anyone have any tips for maximizing performance on these AP's for video traffic?

Members R1D2 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by ptm82379 View Post
    Good afternoon, I have several EAP 245's installed at one of our campuses. The main traffic on them is WIFI security cameras. I want to force specific cameras to connect to specific AP's. Can I do this by allowing or denying specific MAC addresses within the AP management?
    If your camera supports "Lock to AP" functionality, you can specify the BSSID (MAC address) of the EAP there in addition to the ESSID.

If your camera doesn't support this feature, only change to force the cam to connect to a specific EAP is by using different ESSIDs (WiFi names) for all EAPs and setting them in the cameras. Of course, each camera then will connect with only just one EAP meaning there is no load balancing. But you still can use a common ESSID for other client devices by using the Multi-SSID feature of the EAPs.