Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread

EAP245 bricked after firmware upgrade

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP : [/COLOR]

Hello guys!

I have three eap245 here at my place and upgraded them all to the new firmware released a few days ago (EAP245(US)_V1_170828) and, afterwards, one of my APs got bricked and it's light is not blinking anymore, though it's on and getting some power from my switch, but I can't see it's mac address on my dhcp client list neither can access it through SSH and telnet...

What can be done to fix it? lol

Members R1D2 is on a distinguished road
    See this link for recovery instructions: http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread....0-220-320-only

For EAP245 you will have to connect to its serial console and to extract the needed files from the firmware image. It's not as easy as with EAP120/220/320, which have a plug for the serial console and files provided there by TP-Link, but its not impossible as you can see on my instructions how to do this for EAPs without serial console plugs.

I'll see if my reseller can replace my EAP245, if not, then I'll try your suggestion, thank you anyway.

That's not good. Were you trying to update all 3 APs at the same time via EAP Software Controller? Just curious so that others can avoid a similar fate.

Nope, I've actually tried to update each one individually as I've thought that a batch update would be a lot convenient, though a bit risky.