Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

TP-Link Archer T6e problems with W10 Fall Creator (Code 10 Device cannot start)

Model : T6E

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP : [/COLOR]

After update to W10 Fall update, the driver and PCI card become unusable. Install other versiones of driver but all of them fail.
    Last edited by uutommi; 10-20-2017 at 10:36.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ger-in-windows
    The driver you installed is from tp-link official website for windows 10?
    Suggest you to install drive in safe mode to have try

Hi again, problem solved.

I had with W10 Creators Update T6e connected to a PCIe x16 slot, somehow with W10 Fall doesnt work changed to a free PCIe x1 slot and works perfectly.

Basically W10 problem

Thank you.
    Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike90 View Post
    Hi again, problem solved.

I had with W10 Creators Update T6e connected to a PCIe x16 slot, somehow with W10 Fall doesnt work changed to a free PCIe x1 slot and works perfectly.

Basically W10 problem

Thank you.
    Regards.
    Good sharing ~

Junior Member poptart911 is on a distinguished road

Works for T9E as well

I ran into this issue too. I fixed it with this process:
    1. Uninstall the device from device manger.
    2. Shut down the PC
    3. Physically removing it from the pci-e slot.
    4. Starting the computer and shutting down again
    5. Physically reinstalling the card
    6. Downloading and installing the latest drivers from the tp-link site.
    I thought I would share in case anyone only has 1 pci-e slot.

It seems to be an issue with windows and not the driver.

I've got a windows insider feedback item. If you've had this problem, upvote it! https://aka.ms/Uc4snd

I have the Archer T8E (TP-Link AC-1750) and removing and replacing does not work for me. It's a driver issue. The card and drivers from ArcherT8E_V1-151028 have worked perfectly since Windows 10 came out, and only failed with the Fall update this week. (actually failed with the insiders releases about a month ago).
    Logically, moving slots might be a fix for some people, but seems a bit hit and miss to me. Does this mean you'll have to pull it out every time there's a major update?

Quote Originally Posted by poptart911 View Post
    I ran into this issue too. I fixed it with this process:
    1. Uninstall the device from device manger.
    2. Shut down the PC
    3. Physically removing it from the pci-e slot.
    4. Starting the computer and shutting down again
    5. Physically reinstalling the card
    6. Downloading and installing the latest drivers from the tp-link site.
    I thought I would share in case anyone only has 1 pci-e slot.

It seems to be an issue with windows and not the driver.

I've got a windows insider feedback item. If you've had this problem, upvote it! https://aka.ms/Uc4snd
    Hi poptart911 from Paris France,
    Unfortunately, your fix doesn’t work for me.
    Do you use TP-Link driver version 7.35.317.1?
    Regards.

Poinpoin, I am using 7.35.317.1 and it's worked just fine since Win10 came out, but stopped working last week with the Fall update. I've tried various other drivers in the past week, including T9E drivers, but to no avail.

Quote Originally Posted by skcusime View Post
    Poinpoin, I am using 7.35.317.1 and it's worked just fine since Win10 came out, but stopped working last week with the Fall update. I've tried various other drivers in the past week, including T9E drivers, but to no avail.
    Does you also has the error code 10?
    The model.no are different,your adapter is Archer T8E, the T6E and T9E that may try to change slot or reinstall to resolve.
    You may need to rollback to the original version of the windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Anton L.Z. View Post
    The model.no are different,your adapter is Archer T8E, the T6E and T9E that may try to change slot or reinstall to resolve.
    I am using an ethernet cable across the floor. Not convenient, but I'm hoping Archer will release new drivers. A lot of their TP-LINK adapters are effected. And yes, "This device cannot start (Code 10)

Junior Member LagJuancho is on a distinguished road

I have the same problem

Hi!!

I have the same problem. I tryed to change the pci slot. Unninstall drivers, install again, everything, but the problem is here. I can't use the T6E adaptor on windows 10 fall creator.
    I have code 10 error trying install de new drivers.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Anton L.Z. View Post
    Hi Anton,
    Yes I have the same error code 10. I keep the Fall update version but I use an old Wlan "n" card which work perfectly.

The same happened when updated to W10 1709

T9E stop working with code 10 after the install of 1709.
    Tried several TPLINK and ASUS drivers. Nothing works. I rolled back the update to 1703 and the card magically works like nothing happened.

sounds odd, some people has solved by change PCI or reinstall the driver, but some still cannot get it work.
    seems depends on different computer as well, suggest you guys contact tp-link support team on support@tp-link.com , provide them more info and see what's the issue

@flying snow Note that resolution of the problem in my case is not only "change PCI slot" to be more specific, the change was from PCIe x16 to a PCIe x1. Is a very important this difference and I see nobody is specifiying the type of PCI slot.

http://blog.duropc.com/wp-content/up...PCIe-slots.gif

The problem must be located at W10 side, because if TP-LINK adapter works perfectly with previous W10 versions, and the only side that changed is W10 via update... but this is my opinion of course.

I have been checking another posts and looks exactly same issue, in my case i also performed a full clean installation of W10 with Fall Update (1709) iso, and I always use the W8 64 bits driver for T6e located here: http://static.tp-link.com/resources/..._V1_150522.zip
    With other drivers I found some kind of issues, like micro-outages.

Hope it helps.

BTW TP-Link, what happen with KRACK?

Reversion History
    2017-10-17: Initial release
    2017-10-18: Updated some clarifications for the WPA2 vulnerabilities
    2017-10-18: Updated the list of affected devices

No news nor patches since 18 Oct?