Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Can TP-Link provide any reposone to WPA2 Security Flaw

Security researchers are announcing today a critical breach in the WPA2 protocol

US-CERT Advisory states
    US-CERT has become aware of several key management vulnerabilities in the 4-way handshake of the Wi-Fi Protected Access II (WPA2) security protocol. The impact of exploiting these vulnerabilities includes decryption, packet replay, TCP connection hijacking, HTTP content injection, and others. Note that as protocol-level issues, most or all correct implementations of the standard will be affected. The CERT/CC and the reporting researcher KU Leuven, will be publicly disclosing these vulnerabilities on 16 October 2017.
    Has TP-Link been made aware of the issues already and are they intending to release updates to equipment to solve or mitigate the severe vulnerability ?

-Edit - Details on Vulnerability have now been released - https://www.krackattacks.com/

P
    lease redirect to: http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?101094-Security-Flaws-Severe-flaws-called-quot-KRACK-quot-are-discovered-in-the-WPA2-protocol
    By Admnistrator
    Last edited by Matchstick; 10-16-2017 at 10:53.

Junior Member AgentOrangeAUS is on a distinguished road
    Also very interested in a response to this, and personally for the Touch P5 specifically

Same question, Mikrotik already gave statement...

I'm also very interested if our devices will be updated, especially Archer C8.

More information on the attack details Key Reinstallation Attacks Breaking WPA2 by forcing nonce reuse: https://www.krackattacks.com/

Junior Member petarduk is on a distinguished road
    Home user with TD-W9970 reading about this, also wanting to know if/when you will be patching this issue. As others have noted in this thread some vendors are already releasing updates so I hope you guys are already preparing one.

+1. An announcement on the main TP-Link page indicating when router firmware updates can be expected would be good. From what I'm reading, this exploit has been known since April. It's likely router manufacturers were given a heads up soon after.

Junior Member greenlava is on a distinguished road
    +1. would love to know if I need to setup a home Radius server...

Me too. I would like to learn from TP-Link when we may expect an announcement from TP-Link and how this will be remediated for current and previous generation products as I run both.

Junior Member dracman65 is on a distinguished road
    I would also appreciate an update as to when we can expect a firmware update. This is a serious flaw and since this has been known for some months now, and some manufacturers have already released updates, it would be nice to get a timeline from TPLINK.

Junior Member voltar is on a distinguished road
    +1 having contacted online support their reply was dismissive of the problem which is surprising considering there hasn't been an official announcement…

Junior Member A_Guy is on a distinguished road
    Created an account to ask this question. I agree with Gadget that a statement on the front page or in the News section would be appreciated.

Junior Member ptetzloff is on a distinguished road
    +1. This is a serious flaw that needs to be fixed immediately. It really deserves a formal response.

Junior Member omarius is on a distinguished road
    Adding my desire for some news about firmware updates.

Junior Member hughg is on a distinguished road
    Please advise when update for VR900 will be available.

@supliment, why no link to that statement?
    Last edited by 13iron; 10-18-2017 at 19:06.