Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread

HS200 Wiring question

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP : [/COLOR]

Hi all,

Question, I bought a couple of the switches, HS200 and they wouldnt fit where I wanted them to go. Too much wire in the box behind them, they are large switches. So I found another location, its power, to switch to light to light to continuing power. A regular switch does work and turns the lights on and off. This switch, I can hear it switching when I turn it off or on both from touching it and using the Kasa app. Everything seems fine but it doesnt actually turn the lights off and on. Now since a regular light switch does turn the lights off and on I know its not the way its wired. I'm wondering if this switch wont work in this config. Below is a picture of how I wired the system up. Any suggestions to get the switch to turn the lights on and off?

Thanks,
    Bill

Name:  2-lights-1-switch.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  8.0 KB

Hi pal, fuzzy pic, but I guess you can refer their video: http://www.tp-link.com/us/download/HS200.html#videos
    I know that their HS200 won't work with 3-way switch.

I will check the video. Hopefully I can post a better pic. Its a 2 way switch.

Looks like power through fixture wiring, tricky to make the HS200 work there. At the very least you'll need to run an extra wire to provide neutral (though it *might* work if your bulbs are incandescent).