Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Exclamation ASAP- Passwords and wifi not working on mac

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP : [/COLOR]

I recently bought the wifi extender and set it up fine. it works perfectly on my phone but not on my mac. it connects to the wifi inside- where the modem is, but not the extender. and i set it up so it would just connect automatically. i put the password of my modem and the extender into my mac and they both do not work. please help, i'm a hardworking student who needs wifi ASAp

do you have the model number? I think you can upgrade the firmware first.

yes. TL-WA85ORE. every time I put the password into my Mac it doesn't work. very frustrating

Is your hardware version V4? They have a beta for V4 version: http://static.tp-link.com/TL-WA850RE...70925_beta.zip

yes. thank you so much I'll give it a go

have no idea what this did? how do you do it?

I have the same problem with my new RE200

My RE200 extender is connected but only work on my phone... on my Mac it says also the password is wrong.

Should I try to update the firmware as well?I couldn't find how as I can't go to the settings page as now I can't connect to the extender through the computer... should I reset it?

Many thanks!!

Press the reset button for 10 seconds , then login to the interface of the extender, update the firmware first refer to the FAQ I send you before. then go to quick setup to reconfigure it

I have the same problem with my RE200 V2. What can i do?

I have the same problem with my RE200 V2, but only with the 2,4 GHz Network. What can I do?

thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Maddin View Post
    I have the same problem with my RE200 V2, but only with the 2,4 GHz Network. What can I do?
    I think you can also check your firmware and in your region and update to the latest first

My Firmware is 1.1.3 Build 20170818 Rel. 58183. There is no newer version. Then I will return the part and buy me something decent, if no one wants to help me.

Junior Member girishc79 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by flying snow View Post
    Is your hardware version V4? They have a beta for V4 version: http://static.tp-link.com/TL-WA850RE...70925_beta.zip
    Is this BETA version okay to be installed for India location? Though I noticed the filename of the zip says (EU) that suggests it is for Europe.
    But the latest firmware on India site also has (EU) in it's filename. Can you please confirm about the same.

Regards,
    Girish