Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1

    EAP110 wireless compatibility issue)

    Model :

    Hardware Version :

    Firmware Version :

    ISP : [/COLOR]

    Following on from here http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread....TV-and-hotspot - I have run into a really weird issue that I have never seen or heard of before

    The last mile connectivity is between EAP110 and a set of Hikvision wireless cameras (2CD2020F-iW)
    For some odd reason, the link between EAP110 and the camera just refuses to work as expected.. While the camera does connect to the EAP110, the connection is completely unusable with over 80% packet loss even on ping

    What's weird is that the same Hikivision cameras are happy to connect to multiple other access points I tried on my test bed (Netgear R7000/Linksys WRT54G/TP-Link Archer C7/Xiaomi Router) with a stable throughput

    Similarly, every other client I tried with the EAP110 seems to work without fuss (surface laptop/Macbook/couple of iphones/android phones and even a Dahua IPC wireless camera)

    It's just that the two of them refuse to share a stable connection even when placed next to each other

    As a last resort, I tried connecting the Hikvision camera wired to an old TP-Link MR3020 in client mode (connected to the EAP110) and EVEN that works fine!

    However the EAP110 and the camera just won't work together - I tried all possible encryption combinations and even an unsecured connection but the two just won't play along

    I have a total of 10 cameras and 4 EAP110s lying with me now.
    Short of ordering 10X client mode devices and IP66 boxes to house them in harsh outdoor conditions (and the associated wiring paraphernalia) , is there any other thing I should try?
    Last edited by superczar; 10-06-2017 at 21:48.

  2. #2
    Members R1D2 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,127
    Strange. Since you tracked down the odd behavior with the Hikvision camera to the EAP110-Outdoor already, I suggest that you open a ticket at TP-Link's tech support. You could also contact Bob from TP-Link Tech Support Team by PM, who did post in the GC-Wifi-for-CCTV-and-hotspot thread, too (see post #7).

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by R1D2 View Post
    Strange. Since you tracked down the odd behavior with the Hikvision camera to the EAP110-Outdoor already, I suggest that you open a ticket at TP-Link's tech support. You could also contact Bob from TP-Link Tech Support Team by PM, who did post in the GC-Wifi-for-CCTV-and-hotspot thread, too (see post #7).
    Ok.. Dropped a PM to Bob and opened a ticket at TP Link support
    Here is a screenshot from the EAP if it helps

    The 1st client is a TPLink MR3020 in client mode (Notice the Data rate)
    The 2nd client is the Hikvision camera (Data Rate - 0)
    Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  52.6 KB

  4. #4
    It appears the issue is with the WMM settings in QoS on the EAP
    By disabling WMM, the data rate has gone up to 54mbps

    Will post back after testing

    Edit: it was indeed an issue with the QoS (which for some odd reason is enabled by default)
    Disabling the QoS has resolved the issue
    Last edited by superczar; 10-07-2017 at 09:03.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by superczar View Post
    It appears the issue is with the WMM settings in QoS on the EAP
    By disabling WMM, the data rate has gone up to 54mbps

    Will post back after testing

    Edit: it was indeed an issue with the QoS (which for some odd reason is enabled by default)


    Disabling the QoS has resolved the issue
    Ok - Not really a solution..
    I confused WMM with QoS
    While disabling WMM fixed the connectivity issue, it also limits the EAP110 to 802.11g only

    There seems to be a serious bug with the EAP110 firmware then as the camera plays fine with both a netgear r7000 and a Archer C7 with WMM enabled
    However the data rate drops to zero the moment I enable WMM on the EAP110

    With WMM enabled on EAP110
    Name:  with WMM.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  29.0 KB

    With WMM disabled on EAP110
    Name:  without wmm.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  28.3 KB
    Last edited by superczar; 10-07-2017 at 11:43.

  6. #6
    Members R1D2 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,127
    Quote Originally Posted by superczar View Post
    I confused WMM with QoS
    WMM is indeed a sort of QoS for wireless frames (IEEE802.11e).

    There seems to be a serious bug with the EAP110 firmware then as the camera plays fine with both a netgear r7000 and a Archer C7 with WMM enabled
    However the data rate drops to zero the moment I enable WMM on the EAP110
    Could indeed be a bug if the cam works with Archer's WMM mode. What's more, I wonder why fixed 802.11n mode requires WMM (should not require it IMHO).

    Let's see what TP-Link Tech Support finds out.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by R1D2 View Post
    WMM is indeed a sort of QoS for wireless frames (IEEE802.11e).



    Could indeed be a bug if the cam works with Archer's WMM mode. What's more, I wonder why fixed 802.11n mode requires WMM (should not require it IMHO).

    Let's see what TP-Link Tech Support finds out.
    No response from TP-Link Tech Support as yet.
    It would be worth updating that the same cameras work fine with the CPE210 as well with no need to disable WMM.
    The connection is at a solid 150mbps (max limit on the camera wireless card) even over 50M away with the CPE210 ..

    Sadly, no such luck with the EAP110 ... I now wish I would have got a bunch of CPE210 instead of the EAPs

  8. #8
    Members R1D2 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,127
    CPE210 does not cover 360 area, I would not recommend it for omnidirectional coverage. The WBS210 with TL-ANT2410MO would be a suitable replacement, but I couldn't manage to get hands on such an antenna yet. It is still announced as "coming soon to an airport near you" here in Germany.

    Did you open a ticket with TP-Link support? No reply from Bob?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by R1D2 View Post
    CPE210 does not cover 360 area, I would not recommend it for omnidirectional coverage. The WBS210 with TL-ANT2410MO would be a suitable replacement, but I couldn't manage to get hands on such an antenna yet. It is still announced as "coming soon to an airport near you" here in Germany.

    Did you open a ticket with TP-Link support? No reply from Bob?
    Yeah, that's the unfortunate part
    However the performance difference between the two is huge which is a bit surprising

    FWIW, here is the current layout- The CPE210 points inwards from the entrance gate
    Attached Images  

  10. #10
    Members R1D2 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,127
    You mean the performance difference between 802.11g and 802.11n? Yes, it's something like 54 Mbit/s versus 150 Mbit/s wireless speed @20 MHz channel width. The CPE510 can perform up to 300 Mbit/s wireless speed @40 MHz channel width. Since usually one uses this channel width in 5 GHz band only, the CPE510 will always outperform any 2.4 GHz device, even the CPE210.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by R1D2 View Post
    You mean the performance difference between 802.11g and 802.11n? Yes, it's something like 54 Mbit/s versus 150 Mbit/s wireless speed @20 MHz channel width. The CPE510 can perform up to 300 Mbit/s wireless speed @40 MHz channel width. Since usually one uses this channel width in 5 GHz band only, the CPE510 will always outperform any 2.4 GHz device, even the CPE210.
    Oh yes - the 510s are a class apart.
    The first pair is working at a consistent 20 mbps in and 15 mbps out without dropping a sweat over the last 1 week

    As for the 2.4 Ghz band, What I meant was the dbm strength at similar distances from the 220 vs the 110
    Given the fairly high noise floor in that band, the 220 outperforms the 110 by miles - (although I guess the directional nature of the antenna helps the 220)

  12. #12
    Members R1D2 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,127
    Quote Originally Posted by superczar View Post
    The first pair is working at a consistent 20 mbps in and 15 mbps out without dropping a sweat over the last 1 week
    In a few days, we have the annual event where we use CPE510 over 600m to supply Internet to a remote location. Last year we could reach ~65 mbps, maybe this year we can improve it even further.

    Given the fairly high noise floor in that band, the 220 outperforms the 110 by miles - (although I guess the directional nature of the antenna helps the 220)
    Definitely. The directional antennas of a CPE bundles radiation to 60 (CPE210), resp. 45 (CPE510), which leads to a massive RF energy boost in this relatively small direction. The EAP110-Outdoor has to distribute the same RF energy over 360, so it clearly can't reach the CPE210's performance. But to give you a figure to what extend noise can lead: given the fact that there are about ~120 APs discovered by the CPE210 on our 600m link, it did achieve 3-4 mbps only on the very same directional link mentioned above (CPE220 is not sold in the EU, it has much more TX power than allowed here).
    Last edited by R1D2; 10-29-2017 at 17:22.


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Copyright 1996-2017 TP-LINK Technologies Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.