Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread

CPE210 reset itself

Model : CPE210

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP : [/COLOR]

Hello!

I have installed 2 CPE210 devices, one AP, one Client. I'm using this configuration for a while, 5 sites running fine. Lately, on two sites, both the AP and the client resets itself to default settings. Power loss didn't happen, no one had access to these devices. No heavy loads, usually 12 mbit or less. If i re-program the devices, everything runs fine for 1-2 day, and then sudden reset again. Latest fw installed, no change. POE distance: 2-3m. What may cause this problem?

Hello,

I experienced the same issue as the OP. Can anyone shed any light on this please?

I've contacted a few guys in the security industry where i am at, and it looks like that the POE injector is the problem, it resets the device when even a very tiny mains power instability occurs. It can't be solved by UPS either, only by using better quality POE injectors, which is a shame. It applies to TP-link, and even the U... devices. And the biggest shame is, there is no official confirmation that it's the problem, as You can see, not even a single answer from TP-link.

Members R1D2 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by freeone View Post
    You can see, not even a single answer from TP-link.
    Did you contact TP-Link support already? They are not always reading any posting in this user's forum, but they do respond if you open a ticket.

I will give it a go, thanks for the heads up!