Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Lightbulb AC500 HW Controller and support for EAP devices

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP : [/COLOR]

I have got a question, since we already have several EAP devices, we want to manage them with HW Controller, example AC500.
    I have posted the question to email support, but they redirected me to ask Regional support

Will this be possible?

Thanks a lot on response!

Members R1D2 is on a distinguished road
    No, the AC500 hardware controller supports only CAPs, not EAPs.

Is there any explanation why is that? There are only 2 CAP models, but there are 4 times more EAP models.
    It seems to me it should be just the opposite! Am I the only one who asked this?

Members R1D2 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by bane4s View Post
    Is there any explanation why is that? There are only 2 CAP models, but there are 4 times more EAP models.
    It seems to me it should be just the opposite! Am I the only one who asked this?
    Seems to me that EAPs are Business-Class APs, while CAPs are Enterprise-Level APs. While EAPs have a very intuitive and easy-to-handle user interface suitable for small and medium businesses at several locations per SW controller, the CAPs offer a feature-rich, but more complex interface similar to Pharos and suitable for big companies with up to 500 (and with a license model probably even more) APs per HW controller at one place.

BTW, there are three CAP models available at the moment, not two, and I think more are coming soon.