Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread

[TL-SG105e v1] packet loss when using Raspberry pi3

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP : [/COLOR]

Hello,

I've got three TL-SG105e v1 switches in use. On one of them, I have a raspberry pi3 plugged in. I've noticed that I get serious packet loss on the pi3 (25-50%) - I've swapped around the cables, I've swapped around ports (I'm using a vlan config, but nothing exotic), I've even swapped out the switches AND the Pi's (I have several inhouse), the problem remains. Packet loss.

As a test I got a Netgear 5 port smart switch, and put that one in (with the same config). Works fine - no more packetloss.

Can someone explain how this is even remotely possible? Is there some kind of low level corruption going on that the 105e can't handle?

Quote Originally Posted by devilkin View Post
    Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP : [/COLOR]

Hello,

I've got three TL-SG105e v1 switches in use. On one of them, I have a raspberry pi3 plugged in. I've noticed that I get serious packet loss on the pi3 (25-50%) - I've swapped around the cables, I've swapped around ports (I'm using a vlan config, but nothing exotic), I've even swapped out the switches AND the Pi's (I have several inhouse), the problem remains. Packet loss.

As a test I got a Netgear 5 port smart switch, and put that one in (with the same config). Works fine - no more packetloss.

Can someone explain how this is even remotely possible? Is there some kind of low level corruption going on that the 105e can't handle?
    Are there same problem in Three TL=SG105E V1? This is the old hardware version, the new version is V3. If you connect other PCs to these switch, will you meet the same issue?
    I remember the Etherent port of Pi3 only support 100Mbps, I sugget you change the speed and duplex of port with TL-SG105E to Force 100Mbps Duplex, then do the test again.

Members R1D2 is on a distinguished road

How did you notice the packet loss? Do connections fail or are you referring to TxBadPkts/RxBadPkts shown on the switch monitoring page?

Quote Originally Posted by TPTHZ View Post
    Are there same problem in Three TL=SG105E V1? This is the old hardware version, the new version is V3. If you connect other PCs to these switch, will you meet the same issue?
    I remember the Etherent port of Pi3 only support 100Mbps, I sugget you change the speed and duplex of port with TL-SG105E to Force 100Mbps Duplex, then do the test again.
    Yep, all three. I've tried forcing the port to 100mb FD, but that doesn't change anything.

Quote Originally Posted by R1D2 View Post
    How did you notice the packet loss? Do connections fail or are you referring to TxBadPkts/RxBadPkts shown on the switch monitoring page?
    Because of ping packets (ICMP) getting no replies, freezes on network connectivity, ... so actual network traffic failure.

I guess I do have to mention that I have several VLAN's configured on this switch - three to be exact. No IGMP snooping (tried to put that on and off), no special things, just using 802.1q

Yep, all three. I've tried forcing the port to 100mb FD, but that doesn't change anything.
    So strange.even through you reset TL-SG105E to the default factory setting(do not configure anything), I think you still meet the same issue, is it right?
    Although I have TL-SG105E, but I have not Raspberry Pi3 now.