Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread

TL-WA7210N+amplifier+ANT2424B problems

Hello all!
    before writing here in this forum, I tried to make things work for 2 days, without success.
    I just bought a TL-WA7210N but I have some problems.

My setup is as follows:
    TL-WA7210N --> operation mode: Bridge with AP
    Connected to:
    Wireless 2,4 Ghz amplifier
    Connected to:
    Directional grid antenna ANT2424B

I'm running the TL-WA7210N in test mode, to test (obviously), at maximum power (27 dbm)
    I changed in "Wireless advanced" the antenna setting to "External antenna"
    I tested the wireless amplifier and the antenna by connecting them to my workstation: workstation --> wifi usb (AWUS036NH) --> amplifier --> antenna and both antenna and amplifier work very good

Simptoms:
    When I go to Wireless --> Wireless settings, if I click on survey I can find my ap to connect to and I can connect to it with no problem (i.e. no problems with association with external ap).
    Then if I go to Wireless --> Antenna Alignement I can see correct remote RSSI and Signal Percent

The problem is that I can't find my local wireless ap with my clients: note that TL-WA7210N, amplifier, ANT2424B, me and my clients are in the same room to test everything.
    Note also that under Wireless --> Wireless settings "Enable Wireless Radio" and "Enable SSID Broadcast" are checked.

I tried different firmwares:
    TL-WA7210N_V2_140730 (problem described above)
    TL-WA7210N_V2_130320 (problem described above)
    DD-WRT (I read it should work with only external antenna, but I have near no signal)
    Openwrt (it works good with external amplifier and external antenna but the whole tx power is limited to max 16dbm....)

I have no problems with the internal antenna.

I also tried with this setup:
    TL-WA7210N --> operation mode: Bridge with AP
    Connected to:
    Directional grid antenna ANT2424B

(no amplifier), and it works.

I don't know if the TL-WA7210N is defective and should be returned/changed.

I know some of you use external antennas so maybe someone can point me in the rigth direction.

Please do not reply with use "internal antenna": my setup must be TL-WA7210N + amplifier + ANT2424B

Why the WA7210N with tp link firmware cannot work with the external amplifier?

Thank you

Daniele
    Last edited by ghost82; 09-19-2017 at 15:44.

Members kevsh is on a distinguished road
    Have you checked on your local Access Point to see if Access Point Isolation has been enabled, its a firewall that prevents other wireless users for seeing other wireless users when connected to the same AP. One word of caution, be careful of driving full power from the tplink 7210N into that amplifier. Most wifi amplifiers I have dealt with on the market require low power levels 20dbm=100mw or less.