Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread

TL-SG108E Was working now slows speeds to a crawl

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP : [/COLOR]

I bought this switch two months ago to limit bandwith to updating computers 5 mbps. It was working before now randomly it will slow to download speeds of .1 mbps and downloads and speedtests will just fail. the intake port was set to unlimited and all other ports are capped at 5mbps. after updating port speeds it seems to work for a few hours then the next day the same thing happens.

Do you mean the bandwidth control can't work?

Hi dholz,I had the same problem. You have to change the default IP Adress (195.168.0.1) in to a IP adress that is not in use in your network topology.
    There is another device in your network that has the same IP adress as your switch!

No thats not it the first thing we did was give it its own IP and it doesn't conflict

Quote Originally Posted by dholz View Post
    No thats not it the first thing we did was give it its own IP and it doesn't conflict

I suggest you only connect one router and one pc do the test.please note the speed of your NIC.

Quote Originally Posted by TPTHZ View Post
    I suggest you only connect one router and one pc do the test.please note the speed of your NIC.
    Just tried updating a computer, after twenty minutes i noticed it wasnt done, checked the speed and it was between .5 and .8 mbps