Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    TL-SG108E Was working now slows speeds to a crawl

    Model :

    Hardware Version :

    Firmware Version :

    ISP : [/COLOR]

    I bought this switch two months ago to limit bandwith to updating computers 5 mbps. It was working before now randomly it will slow to download speeds of .1 mbps and downloads and speedtests will just fail. the intake port was set to unlimited and all other ports are capped at 5mbps. after updating port speeds it seems to work for a few hours then the next day the same thing happens.

  2. #2
    Do you mean the bandwidth control can't work?

  3. #3
    Hi dholz,I had the same problem. You have to change the default IP Adress (195.168.0.1) in to a IP adress that is not in use in your network topology.
    There is another device in your network that has the same IP adress as your switch!

  4. #4
    No thats not it the first thing we did was give it its own IP and it doesn't conflict

  5. #5
    Members TPTHZ is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by dholz View Post
    No thats not it the first thing we did was give it its own IP and it doesn't conflict

    I suggest you only connect one router and one pc do the test.please note the speed of your NIC.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by TPTHZ View Post
    I suggest you only connect one router and one pc do the test.please note the speed of your NIC.
    Just tried updating a computer, after twenty minutes i noticed it wasnt done, checked the speed and it was between .5 and .8 mbps

  7. #7
    Junior Member captain! is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    8
    Since you have verified that the TL-SG108E has a *unique* IP address on your LAN's subnet, I'm curious to know what the problem is here, and if there is a solution.

  8. #8
    trying to do updates on some computers right now and it ate up all the bandwidth on my network, looked and saw that it literally wasn't controlling any of the traffic, went into the bandwidth control and reset all the ingress and egress to 5 mb. one computer is working fine now but jumps up between 10-15mbps which it shouldnt be and the other is at a whopping 2 mbps

  9. #9
    Members R1D2 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,643
    Quote Originally Posted by dholz View Post
    trying to do updates on some computers right now and it ate up all the bandwidth on my network, looked and saw that it literally wasn't controlling any of the traffic, went into the bandwidth control and reset all the ingress and egress to 5 mb. one computer is working fine now but jumps up between 10-15mbps which it shouldnt be and the other is at a whopping 2 mbps
    How do you measure bandwidth exactly? What are the settings in your switch (screenshot would be helpful)?


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Copyright 1996-2018 TP-LINK Technologies Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.