Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Using ONLY the modem on the M7350 [SOLVED]

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP : [/COLOR]

I have a M7350 which is working fine. However it's WiFi range is somewhat limited. I also have a Mikrotik hAP ac lite router for the house which provides more than adequate coverage round the house. The Mikrotik also has a USB slot. I want to try and link up my M7350 via it's USB cable to the Mikrotik as a MODEM only and use the Mikrotik's WiFi router for the wireless stuff.

I have some questions regarding this please:

1. Has anyone tried this? Doesn't necessarily have to have been with a Mikrotik. Just using the M7350 as a modem and connecting to a WiFi router.

2. How would I disable the Wireless function on the M7350 so that it doesn't clash with the Mikrotik?

All help gratefully received with thanks.

Purvez
    Last edited by vieldcs; 10-24-2017 at 06:30.

The USB port on the M7350 is for you to access the SD card files or get internet on your pc after driver installed. I don't think it will work as a regular modem.
    http://www.tp-link.com/faq-758.html
    you can disable Wireless SSID broadcast on its management interface on your phone or pc.

Thanks Enson for your response. MikroTik do an LTE modem/router for the home user. I guess I'll have to try that.

I just wanted to update this thread to let everyone know that I have successfully managed to use the USB connection of the M7350 to connect to the Mikrotik router. My detailed post is here:

https://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=125541

Although I recognise that this is very specific to the Mikrotik, it is worth noting that the M7350 via it's USB port can work as an LTE modem. Hope this helps someone.