Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1

    TL-PA8035P not compatible with IPv6

    Model :

    Hardware Version :

    Firmware Version :

    ISP : [/COLOR]

    I have recently bought a TL-PA8035P kit and discovered that they seem to be not compatible with IPv6.

    I have made different tests and I was able to demonstrate that any equipment connected to any port of an adapter is not able to obtain an IPv6 address. All other equipments (wireless or wired) can obtain successfully an IPv6 address. My feeling is the incompatibility lies in the internal switch of the adapter because this IPv6 filtering happens even on the same adapter through the internal switch.

    Am I the only one to experience such a bug? Do you know how to enable IPv6?

    (Of course, I have updated the firmware to the latest available on tp-link website.)

    Many thanks for your help,

    Antoine

  2. #2
    Is the model number correct? I don't see a TL-PA8035P. But I know that TL-PA8030P support IPv6 but you need to contact tplink support to get the software to enable it.

  3. #3
    I can confirm the model number. It is sold (at least in France): http://www.tp-link.fr/products/detai...8035P-KIT.html

    I have already contacted by email the (french) support 2 weeks ago without any answer. What would you recommend to contact tplink support?

  4. #4
    The fastest way to get support in the UK seems to be to post a negative review on Amazon! Whilst I have never seen any support given by TP-Link on these support forums they seem to check and respond to Amazon reviews on a daily basis...Once you get in touch with them they are pretty helpful though, But any non routine questions / issues seem to require referring to HQ for an answer.

    Alternatively, the devices should pass any IP traffic - it probably just doesn't know how to deal with the v6 DHCP broadcast. If you set a SLAAC IP v6 address that might work - and SLAAC tends to be preferred for IPv6 networks.

    And do you really need IPv6 on your LAN? Many routers can gateway IPv4 on the LAN to IPv6 on the internet
    Last edited by The Vogon; 09-17-2017 at 21:12.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by The Vogon View Post
    The fastest way to get support in the UK seems to be to post a negative review on Amazon! Whilst I have never seen any support given by TP-Link on these support forums they seem to check and respond to Amazon reviews on a daily basis...Once you get in touch with them they are pretty helpful though, But any non routine questions / issues seem to require referring to HQ for an answer.
    Thank you for the advice. I will try this route.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Vogon View Post
    Alternatively, the devices should pass any IP traffic - it probably just doesn't know how to deal with the v6 DHCP broadcast. If you set a SLAAC IP v6 address that might work - and SLAAC tends to be preferred for IPv6 networks.
    I am using SLAAC but the Router Advertisement packets are barely passing through the adapter. After a while my system manage to acquire a valid IPv6 but unfortunately, it cannot contact any other hosts. This leads to a very poor user experience with plenty of timeouts before the OS switches to IPv4. For this reason, I have to completely disabled IPv6 for the hosts connected to the adapter.

    I will try to capture packets on both side to understand better what is filtered/blocked.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Vogon View Post
    And do you really need IPv6 on your LAN? Many routers can gateway IPv4 on the LAN to IPv6 on the internet
    I am heavily using IPv6 to access some private network/VM. I really need direct IPv6 access.
    Last edited by Toinou; 09-18-2017 at 21:28.


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Copyright 1996-2017 TP-LINK Technologies Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.