Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread

MR400(EU) - Can not login. Admin page only asks for pwd...

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP : [/COLOR]

Hello,
    router installed and running with Internet. For configuring i tried to access the 192.168.1.1 page. Page appears but shows only the admin password field nothing more. So i tried different browsers like Explorer, Firefox and Chrome. No change. Than i resetted the router. No change. Finally i configured my router with the tp-link android app.

Any ideas?

Thx
    LandEiName:  tplink_admin.png
Views: 0
Size:  11.0 KB

It is new UI, only need password to log in, it should be admin by default, did you try that?

I have the same problem, yes i tryed logging in with "admin" but it doesnt do anything. I tryed resetting, rebooting, repluging the cabels. using different browsers (even on my mobile) but nothing changes. the autoconfig works, because i have internet though lan and wlan. and i can login with my phone though the "Tether" app. but its only basic stuff that i can configure, there isnt any option to go into advanced settings of the router. so again the main problem is that i cant login though the online interface (tplinkmodem.net or 192.168.1.1) there wasnt any "getting started" like its described in the quick stard guide. even after a fresh reset, the first time as soon as i go on the online interface it asks for the password. not like a username and a password. and when i enter "admin" and hit enter or click on login, nothing happens!!! maybe the EU version of the software is bugged?

Quote Originally Posted by Arikazei View Post
    I have the same problem, yes i tryed logging in with "admin" but it doesnt do anything. I tryed resetting, rebooting, repluging the cabels. using different browsers (even on my mobile) but nothing changes. the autoconfig works, because i have internet though lan and wlan. and i can login with my phone though the "Tether" app. but its only basic stuff that i can configure, there isnt any option to go into advanced settings of the router. so again the main problem is that i cant login though the online interface (tplinkmodem.net or 192.168.1.1) there wasnt any "getting started" like its described in the quick stard guide. even after a fresh reset, the first time as soon as i go on the online interface it asks for the password. not like a username and a password. and when i enter "admin" and hit enter or click on login, nothing happens!!! maybe the EU version of the software is bugged?
    Maybe we are the only 2 buyers in Europe!?

Hello,

the firmware is faulty, with me the same. The device can only be used with 'Tether'
    manage, but update does not work, although online already new versions is present.
    I have communicated with TP-Link support, I do not want anything, and I should claim warranty.
    Therefore, you contact with support and send for repair or exchange.
    I tried two devices and finally returned both to dealers.

Greeting
    Marek

Maybe we are right now ... i just hope we get a fast answer to this problem! just for some info my firmware version is: "1.0.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 170620 Rel.39110n"
    Last edited by Arikazei; 09-28-2017 at 15:04.

Hello,

exactly the firmware: 1.0.0.0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 170620 Rel. 39110n has not with me
    works, which is faulty. According to support, there is no solution, just send back
    or warranty exchange.

Greeting
    Marek

Thank you for the info Marek!
    I just called the tp link support, they told me i should return the router.
    I wrote an email to the seller wich i ordered the router from.
    Maybe they have got a newer version with an up-to-date firmware, so they can exchange it.
    If not,im gonna return it!

it is new setting admin is by default just enter the password,if that doesn't work try to reset the router

Quote Originally Posted by alexanderjordan View Post
    it is new setting admin is by default just enter the password,if that doesn't work try to reset the router

First read than post!

Known issue, TP-Link are working on it

I was told by TP-Link that this is an issue about the browser language. If it is English, the webIF will work as expected. If not, the login script will just stop due to a bug.

There'll be a firmware soon to fix it. So far, please try using the English Firefox (for example). With that one, it should work. Did anyone experience this with an English browser? Haven't tried myself so far...

I have installed the english version of firefox and actually work now!
    I can login without a problem...

Thank you, Martin!

And if you login though the english firefox and do a upgrade to the firmware version "1.2.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 170907 Rel.59292n" it works now with other browsers to.
    In my case chrome in german.
    Last edited by Arikazei; 10-06-2017 at 17:28.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I was told by TP-Link that this is an issue about the browser language. If it is English, the webIF will work as expected. If not, the login script will just stop due to a bug.

There'll be a firmware soon to fix it. So far, please try using the English Firefox (for example). With that one, it should work. Did anyone experience this with an English browser? Haven't tried myself so far...
    Thank you, Martin. After installing the english version of firefox the admin page is working fine. After updating the firmware version also the german browser versions are running well.