Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Junior Member JohnBayle is on a distinguished road

PoE cable recommendation for EAP110-Outdoor

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP : [/COLOR]

I purchased an EAP110-Outdoor which I am installing in my garden. The instructions tell me to use a cable with integrated grounding wire, so any ideas what I could order on amazon/ebay that equates to:"Use a shielded CAT5e (or above) cable with an integrated grounding wire for connection."I want the rj45 connectors already on since this is an outdoor installation and I'm not going to do my own crimping.There are plenty of products that might be suitable but I don't want an ungrounded installation fail because of a wrong cable.An actual URL to a product I can order would be appreciated please.ThanksJohn

Members R1D2 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBayle View Post
    I want the rj45 connectors already on since this is an outdoor installation and I'm not going to do my own crimping.There are plenty of products that might be suitable but I don't want an ungrounded installation fail because of a wrong cable.
    Suitable cable is an outdoor cable, which not only has a ground wire, but also is UV-resistant and weather-proof. I use ToughCable from Ubiquiti Networks, but you won't find it with plugs crimped on. My suggestion would be to find an electrician, who can do the crimping. Request this cable/plugs if you want a professional solution: https://www.ubnt.com/accessories/toughcable/

Junior Member Paijo76 is on a distinguished road

EAP110-Outdoor as extender.

Hello there, TP-Link expert..
    Need confirmation, is the EAP110-Outdoor can use as Extender/Repeater?
    If can, how to do that?
    --
    Thanks in advance..

Members R1D2 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Paijo76 View Post
    Need confirmation, is the EAP110-Outdoor can use as Extender/Repeater?
    No, the EAP110-Outdoor does currently only support Access-Point mode. Repeater mode is not recommended for professional use.