Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Junior Member mknasiak is on a distinguished road

AC1200 Wi-Fi Range Extender RE305 not connecting to 5ghz after setup

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP : [/COLOR]

I did the quick-setup on my AC1200 Wi-Fi Range Extender RE305 via the web interface. It found both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz frequencies on the host network. However, after saving to apply settings and reboot the extender the 5Ghz light is off on the extender and the Status tab on the extender web interface shows "No Signal" under "5Ghz Wireless".

5Ghz on the host network is working fine, I double checked by connecting with my Macbook. The host router is a Netgear WNDR3300. Under wireless settings of the router the "Mode" is set to "Up to 270Mbps at 5Ghz & 54Mbps at 2.4Ghz". "11N Channel" is set to "149/5.745Ghz", "11G Channel" is set to "auto". I also tried setting "11N Channel" to "44/5.220Ghz" but that didn't work either.

Any idea why the extender won't connect to the host network on 5Ghz after rebooting? It seems to find it fine during setup.

Any troubleshooting steps I should try before I RMA this thing?

Appreciate any help. Thanks.

Junior Member rruval007 is on a distinguished road
    I just received my RE305 and cannot connect to 5Ghz either.

Junior Member SUERUT is on a distinguished road

RE305 sets up 2.4/5ghz but 5ghz not recognized after rebooting

have same problem as this

Quote Originally Posted by mknasiak View Post
    Model : re305

Have same issue Sets up OK then no 5ghz active

Hardware Version : 1.0

Firmware Version :

ISP : [/COLOR]

I did the quick-setup on my AC1200 Wi-Fi Range Extender RE305 via the web interface. It found both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz frequencies on the host network. However, after saving to apply settings and reboot the extender the 5Ghz light is off on the extender and the Status tab on the extender web interface shows "No Signal" under "5Ghz Wireless".

5Ghz on the host network is working fine, I double checked by connecting with my Macbook. The host router is a Netgear WNDR3300. Under wireless settings of the router the "Mode" is set to "Up to 270Mbps at 5Ghz & 54Mbps at 2.4Ghz". "11N Channel" is set to "149/5.745Ghz", "11G Channel" is set to "auto". I also tried setting "11N Channel" to "44/5.220Ghz" but that didn't work either.

Any idea why the extender won't connect to the host network on 5Ghz after rebooting? It seems to find it fine during setup.

Any troubleshooting steps I should try before I RMA this thing?

Appreciate any help. Thanks.

Hi, what's the modem number of your router? Did you setup the extender next to the router? We know that the wifi range of 5G is not as far as 2.4G, so try to setup when the extender is next to the router, also make sure the wifi password of the 5G you entered on the setup page is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by SUERUT View Post
    have same problem as this